EEEP: 3 out of 4 citizens (76%) have played a game of chance at least once in their life
76% of Greeks have played some lucky game even once in their life. It is noteworthy that the majority of Greeks play primarily for profit and secondarily for fun.
In particular, 76% of citizens state that they have played a game of chance at least once in their life, 22% that they have never played and 1% did not answer.
The above findings belong to research carried out in March 2022 by KAPA Research. Citizens' answers about the reasons they play or don't play games of chance are particularly impressive.
For those who gamble:
- 48% answered that they do it to earn money
- 32% for fun
- 1% to socialize with other people
- 5% out of habit
- the 1% because he has skill and is good at playing
- 3% out of boredom because he has nothing else to do
- the 1% because they have problems and with that they are forgotten.
For those who don't gamble, the main reason is that they don't like it or aren't attracted to it. This was answered by 55% of citizens. 35% answered that it is a waste of time and money, 29% that they prefer to spend their money on other things, 5% that they never win, also 5% that they cannot afford it, 4% that they are afraid of possible addiction and 1% consider gambling to be taboo.
The survey was carried out by Kappa Research on behalf of the Gaming Supervision and Control Commission on a sample of 3.134 men and women aged 18 and over and was carried out from March 8 to 2022, XNUMX.
In the same context it seems that those who play separate games of chance those who play to win and those who play for fun.
According to the survey Lotteries, Scratchcards, OPAP Lotteries are mainly chosen for profit, Casino Games, online gambling and VLT slots are mainly chosen for fun.
In particular, according to the results of the research, gambling can be divided into three categories based on the audiences they attract:
- those chosen primarily by players who are primarily looking for fun and secondarily for profit,
- those chosen primarily by players who seek profit primarily and entertainment secondarily, and
- those in which profit and entertainment are equally important criteria for their audience