Tribute No 13 - Christopher Nolan

zorian

IFC # 5 Cup winner 2013-14
Staff member
11 Oct 2005
On an island in the ocean, on a deserted peak
It's time for the tribute to the great London director who's been listening to Christopher Nolan. At 48, Nolan has given us some of the most beautiful films of the last 20. Bad film we have not seen from his hands : chin:
With the first "feature film" 20 years ago, the course of the Englishman to date has offered us 7 films and the trilogy of the Dark Knight.
Let's slowly see what we saw in the films of Nolan ...

Last edited:
Answer: Tribute No 13 - Christopher Nolan

Following (1998)

His first feature film is just 69 minutes and black and white. The monitoring, like the Greek title, is exactly what he says .. someone decides to follow people to see the habits and behaviors of ordinary people next door, but from a cat turns into a mouse and falls into the beak that creates an even more odd couple.
Because certainly few will have seen it Following without having seen Memento first, just to say that in this first film we can see the directorial look of Nolan, which we will see later in the masterpiece.

Grade: 6 / 10

Memento (2000)

And for no anxiety, after 2 years, Nolan gives us the first masterpiece. The Memento has been playing for many years in IMDB's first 50 and this is no accident. A fantastic directing look, with a mix movie where half (colored) moves backward and the other half (black and white) flies normally to unite the pieces of a strange puzzle.
I do not want to write a lot about the film because anyone who has not seen it must definitely do it right away. And not just once! From the top !!!
Good guy Pearce in a one man show. In addition, in Memento we find our brother, Jonathan, in front of us. Together they both wrote the film's script, but they also wrote scenarios of other films, mainly the trilogy. The ideal partner : eye:

Grade: 10 / 10

Insomnia (2002)

Two years later, Nolan directs Insomnia, with Pacino detective who goes to Alaska to spell an affair, but the continual light of the day leaves him insanely. Plus a situation that swirls in his head. Plus he has to face the brilliant, now, Robin Williams.
Very good police film, smart case, not very complicated. Surely not from the best moments of the British director, not a policeman who keeps you breathless but with two very great actors, Pacino and William, who raise the whole film on their backs.

Grade: 7 / 10

The Prestige (2006)

I leave Batman's trilogy for the end, so I leave aside Batman Begins and go to the next film by the English director, Prestige. A film with magicians - magicians. Two great sorcerers at the end of the 19 century, who have a tremendous amount of grief, pushing them to constantly improve their tricks and constantly sabotaging each other's numbers with disastrous (sometimes) results.
Pretty interesting film, beyond what Nolan used to be. But generally it seems that the guy is looking for a lot. In 5 movies he gave us a police, psychological thriller, comic book, a time of wizards. So it gives you a clear message that he is not complaining. In between two films with Batman he directs Prestige, which is not one of his top films, but, as I wrote above, he is watching with a lot of interest.
With a nice cast, Christian Bale and Michael Caine, who also had Batman, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansson and Rebecca Hall, as well as the late David Bowie as a surprise surprise, inventor Nikola Tesla.

Reactions: the cacambola

Inception (2010)

I really bow down : wrsh: in this stunning 7 (long) Nolan film. It just does not exist !!! Of course, one should see it too, too, but too, many times to catch all that the director wants to make on this film. Sometimes, however, anyone who sees it will not be bored. I think it's one of the greatest masterpieces of cinema!
Starring Di Caprio. I'm trying to find some things to write about the movie, but you can not write anything. If you do not see it you will not understand. Not sure that when you see it once you will understand a lot :) However, I have never seen anything like that, letting my mouth open : Up:

Interstellar (2014)

After 4 years, the English director gave us another well-sought-after film. Interstellar is a "space" film with a lot of interest, with parallel universes, etc. Of course I think Nolan spent a lot of time on terrestrial actors and could not develop so much this interesting piece with parallel universes, cosmic holes, spacetime etc. And so, even though the film was about 3 hours long, it leaves you feeling unfulfilled.
Anyway, the film is one of the best of its kind, not just with bad exogenees that chase us to wipe us up, not even a simple adventure in space. It has very good characters, it is intense, it is scrutinized. I think she wants a lot of eyesight, especially to the end and it certainly gives you a very good impression.

Grade: 8 / 10

Dunkirk (2017)

Last year, Nolan gave us Dunkirk. An overproduction that was nominated for 8 Oscar. Eventually he lost important (directed, best movie) and won 3 low profile oscars, editing picture and sound, and mixing sound. Even Zimmer's original music was lost.
Personally, I do not like movies like this, rescue, patriotism, warfare, etc. Minimal warfare I like and these are masterpieces like Revelation Now or Full Metal Jacket. So my rating is about my personal look at the film.
If someone likes movies like this I think they will be amazing in their own eyes. Overproduction, some very good roles, keeps you at almost 2 hours of grooming. Surely viewing is worth, even homosexuals who do not like these kinds of movies.

Reactions: the cacambola

The Dark Knight Trilogy

Batman Begins (2005)

Before 13, the first movie from Nolan's trilogy about the Dark Knight, the Man-Bird, the Batmam. With great interest, we expected how Nolan would direct this superhero and surely 3 films are a distinct look for superheroes.
In this first film the director gives us the way everything started and how Bruce Wayne became a bat. I think the first trilogy movie was good enough. In some places it tire, it's also 140 minutes, but it's worth it. A film superheroes but without much in franchises and perfumes (of course it is not possible to have it, for a verb we talk) but more of the director's eye turned to the faces. And the very good actors helped in this and played their important roles. Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson make impeccable interpretations and give the film what it needs.
Without being a super hero, the first film about the Dark Knight is that best can be given to a super hero movie ...

The Dark Knight
(2008)

Here we need a bow : wrsh: The late Heath Ledger, in the role of Joker, who earned the Oscar, raised the film to other levels. I personally consider it the best superhero movie we have seen. And Nolan really did what he wanted, character set-up and not a movie with effects alone. And Joker in this second trance trilogy is top. Anyone who has not seen it loses and runs right away !!!

The Dark Knight
Rises (2012)

The truth is that in the third film I was disappointed. After the amazing previous I expected that Nolan would raise his trilogy in the celestial. But he lost it. The man with the mask could not interpret the trumpet of the film, which for me was the wonderful Marion Cotillard had a role that I think turned out to be unhappy (and it seemed to be taking the right path). End of the smokes, definitely lower value than the previous one and really, after a masterpiece waiting for another one to close : eye:
Anyway, a trilogy that you should not miss a filmmaker!

Grade: 6 / 10

Reactions: gdouvl1984

Predictions

• There are no football sports broadcasts today
  • 20:00
    Novasports Start
    • Zalgiris Kaunas - Armani Milano
  • 21:30
    Novasports 4HD
    • Bayern Munich - Barcelona
    Novasports 5HD
    • Baskonia - Anatolou Efes
    Novasports Prime
    • Partizan - Olympiacos
  • 22:00
    Novasports 2HD
    • Villeurbanne - Monaco
  • Tomorrow 29-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 01:05
    Novasports 4HD
    • Arizona - Clemson
  • 01:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • Atlanta Hawks - Boston Celtics
  • 01:35
    Novasports 5HD
    • San Diego St. - UCONN
  • 02:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • New Orleans Pelicans - Milwaukee Bucks
  • 04:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 19:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • Tomorrow 29-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
General Chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Did you see replay?
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Yes
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fenerbahce wanted to postpone the April 7 derby with Galatasaray for the Turkish Super Cup at the mercy of...Olympiakos, but its specific request was not accepted by the country's football federation.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) informed both clubs that
    this has to do with there being no alternative date due to the teams' busy schedule.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I was going to write it in the morning but it didn't come from the mobile phone. The non-religious, as was normal, said that they would not accept the postponement of the match. Our team applied for a postponement and from what I read, they said that the match should be held at the end of the championship, but the Federation, which has poured itself on it and still has to make the decision on the "penalties", did not accept it.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Fenerbahce is the team that collected the most points in Europe but they don't see it that way that's okay but god is great
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Does ANT1 show F1 on Sunday morning??
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I think only the plus will have it
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    oh shit...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    had an offer through PPC for 9 months free 1 month ago
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    yes I know....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    and filming is shown by Ant1, the free channel at 17:00
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    England - Brazil 0-0 at 36......Over 0,5 in the first half
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Performance
    the @31.0
  • M Forum Bot:
    User MrChow started a new topic called "Maurice Moss Tips" in the Football Predictions.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    PPC's offer for Antenna plus continues, I think, until April 14
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    A few days before the Fenerbahce meeting, the meeting that Hugh Dallas had with the referees and the talks about the Galatasara-Antalyaspor match came to the fore, where the VAR referee admits that he made a mistake in the penalty that the Galatasaray player took, where in fact he said that the player "dive" in the small contact he had that was not for a penalty. Our President also spoke about this phase where he said what was happening and the Federation found him a liar, nice things
  • S Forum Bot:
    User std157489 started a new topic called "Student Research on Retailing" in the Cafe.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Only Javelas could get a red card without playing...the kid is really stupid...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    he had gambled on it :p
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    I'm really wondering... because in every match he's nervous because he doesn't cut the line and start fishing....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fotis will nail it in a little while...
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    These things don't happen...
  • Ertzan Forum Bot:
    User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3/2024)" in the IFC Competition.
    Ertzan Forum Bot: User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3)"...