Tribute No 14 - David Lynch

zorian

IFC # 5 Cup winner 2013-14
Staff member
11 Oct 2005
On an island in the ocean, on a deserted peak
I recently saw the return of the Twin Peaks and I thought to make a tribute to the theatrical American film director David Lynch. Let's make it clear that his films are not easy and 90% of them are exclusively for cinemas, who are not interested in blockbusters and big productions. Leeds is totally shot. But so many times he has been a tribute to the Cinema Cinema, why not me?: twis:
Trumps, the wonderful music accompanying his films, mythical sauntraks, and the films of Tarantino. Besides, his love for music is also shown by the presence of Bowie, Sting, Marilyn Manson and others. in his films, but also the presence of many great musicians in the music that surrounds the films (the Barba-Leeds is the one who taught us the great Chris Eisach and his wonderful songs).
With the Twin Peaks, which is a series and film I will deal with the end, as with the Dark Knight in the previous tribute. Anyone who wants to get to know the humorous american, who presents in the most typical way the godmothers that the Americans have (!!!!) is good to start with more strapping films such as Straight Story or Elephant Man or Blue Velvet in this order) and if they make him see a Wild at Heart and see for the following : twis:
However, I decided to get it and because I loved it from the wild at heart, which I think is one of the strongest movies a 20man can see (and I had seen it then) I will do it with the dedication : bravo:

Y.K. Add something I forgot to write. Most of his films have been filmed in times when we did not have mobiles, we did not have internet or even cd (the first ones used cartridges in the car) so these factors should be taken into account in the tracking. Those who have not loved those seasons (or you have not met them and do not want to know them) will probably not touch your movies (even the most beautiful ones)

Last edited:
Answer: Tribute No 14 - David Lynch

Eraserhead (1977)

Leeds has directed many things. In imdb he has 81 pieces in the direction. But most of them are short films, several video clips and documentaries, some series and in the feature film feature are very few. So, after a few shorts, like most, he decided to turn the first long film 1977. Black and white, just like the next one, something that several filmmakers copied later (starting in black and white).
But I do not think that the first step was so successful. A film where the prolific protagonist with the strange knot will engage in marriage and paternity situations of a strange fetus (something like an early ET) and generally the film does not seem to offer anything essential. It's just Leeds's first attempt to make a feature-length movie enriched with his craze!

Grade: 2 / 10

Reactions: the cacambola

The Elephant Man (1980)

His second movie is real good! With a normal plot, starring Antonie Hopkins and John Hart, who plays uniquely the elephant man, even if the mask does not allow us to see his expressions. And only his eyes that we see and his movements show us a great interpretation. The film had been nominated for several awards (director, script, best film, music etc) and Hart for first prize. Black and white.
The great thing about this film is that it's very smart about the issue of racism and discrimination, not against a man of another race but against a monster man. A strong movie that definitely deserves to be seen, even if it is cinematically simplistic compared to today's facts.

Grade: 8 / 10

Blue Velvet (1986)

Fortunately, Leeds quickly gave us the Blue Velvet, which was the second sample (after the elephant man) of what this director can do. Starring two actors who will evolve from his favorites, Kyle Mac Lachlan (who of course "wrote" later in the Twin Peaks) and Laura Dern, the amazing Isabella Rosellini, great music by Angelo Badalamenti, who will be next from the main creators of Leeds soundtracks (and not only) and will give us some of the most beautiful film music themes.
Mac Lachlan is a young wanna be a detective, who finds a cut ear and starts a quest, but he gets involved in a plume of mad mafos and finally creates a mad crazy situation that is definitely seen by the viewer.

Good for the tribute.

I love David Lunch.

I remember as a student discussing hours with friends to come up with what eventually happened at Malcoland Street. I think we have found a great deal.
With the '' lost avenue '', although we have reached a good level of explaining a 70% of what's going on, when we did not fully understand the film.
These 2 are my favorites from him.
With 15 years ago.
Nice memories

Reactions: zorian

With these two movies you mentioned a friend we all were looking (let's not tell you we're still looking) : twis:
as with the twin peaks (for the oldest to remember that we saw it in Seven X old, the best channels ever on private television)

With these two movies you mentioned a friend we all were looking (let's not tell you we're still looking) : twis:
as with the twin peaks (for the oldest to remember that we saw it in Seven X old, the best channels ever on private television)
Nor have I understood that.
I have seen this movie.
The order not all.

Wild At Heart (1990)

At the beginning of the last decade of the 20 century, Leeds took out the Twin Peaks television series, with which (as I mentioned) I will deal with at the end of the tribute. 1990 was released Untamed Heart. If you were 17-25 old and you saw this movie (as I did) I think it would grab you from the hair !!! It is Rebel Without Cause of '90. A road movie with a crazy Nicolas Cage and a splendid Laura Dern, the stunning Lula, living their own revolution starting a trip from North Carolina to California via New Orleans, Texas etc but the unexpected on the road will not let them to complete their journey.
Wonderful William Dafoe, really gives a change !!! The scene with Lula in the motel and the akaka "Say F * ck me" they are forever engraved in their minds, like that "You F * cked my wife?" of De Niro in Raging Bull.
And as the good witch says in the end: "If you are truly wild at heart, you'll fight for your dreams"
My subjective degree because I loved Leeds with this movie. The honest is a little further below : eye:

Lost Highway (1997)

After the Twin Peaks series and then the Twin Peaks Fire walk with me, 1997 Leeds gives us a free shot with the Lost (but completely lost) Avenue! An idea was given to Efoplistis, who said that he and his friends never understood what was happening in the film : emb:
Indeed, in this film Leeds gives a shifting and while in the previous (with the exception of Twin peaks) you are comfortable watching a movie that you liked or not, here is the ball in many cases. He wants a lot of insights and a study to figure out what's going on. Which becomes masterfully !!
Maybe we need to open another thread to talk about Lost Avenue if there are members of the group who are interested and interested.
The story tells us that a husband who has obsessed that his wife, the lovely Patricia Arke, beats him, eventually kills her and enters a prison where she is reincarnated to another young man who will he is going to take revenge and steal from his theoretically righteous wife, which is again Patricia Arque, playing another role. What do you say;
The views on the film are divided. Many consider it masterpiece and see it again and see it again and ...... Others do not even want to hear it. It is no coincidence that then a prize committee, The Stinkers Bad Movie Awards, he honored it as Worst Sense of Direction (stop them before they direct again!) : twis: : twis:
My opinion is that the movie is amazing! Masterpiece is not because it is very difficult to perceive what is really going on! Perhaps Leeds ought to cut something and not have so many elements that make staying with @ k @ n @ $ However if someone wants to monitor and deal with more serious and hip cinema, not with Spiderman and dangerous missions then there you must lose it!
An extra trumpet is the music that breaks it. Beyond the usual suspicious Badalamenti, we hear Bowie, Smashing Pumpkins, Marilyn Manson, Lou Reed generally great soundtrack

The Straight Story (1999)

After two years Leeds gave us a real masterpiece. A cinematic poem! The story is true and refers to 73chrono Alvin Straight, who started from Laurens Iowa to go to Zion Mountain in Wisconsin to see his brother, with whom he had scold me before 10 years and who recently suffered a stroke. The nice thing is that he started making his trip with a tracer to cut lawns (!!!). Unbelievable and despite all the problems and his own and his vehicle he finally did.
A fantastic road movie, with a stunning photo and a fabulous Richard Farnsworth, who won the A 'Men's Oscar for his performance and 8 months after his award, died at 80's years.
If anyone wants to see only a film by the American director, I think this is the movie to be seen.

Grade: 9 / 10

Mulholland Dr (2001)

After "resting" with Straight Story, then Leeds gives us the next hit, after Lost Highway. But I think this movie is his best (excluding the previous one because it is normal). The puzzle already starts with the title, which although it has been translated into Greek, Mulholland Street, yes, it is the street around Hollywood where the film begins (reality and fantasy) but there are many who claim that Dr refers to Dream and not to Drive (!!) Why? But because most of the movie is a dream of Naomi Watts and only at the end we see a real time movie, where she clarifies (so to speak) that the former is the imagination of the protagonist who made her live her dream (and live her love with Laura Harring as betrayed by the Corfiot : twis:). Until the end was led to ......
(not to tell you everything, see to see it : eye:)

Reactions: kerkireos

Inland Empire (2006)

The swan song of the American director (since, after this film, the only feature film he directed was a Twin Peaks jump, Missing Pieces) I think he is the most confused of all. Not even Ariadne's mist helps to unravel : twis:
Laura Dern is an actor who will become a protagonist in a film that has a bad prehistory since she failed to finish in her Polish VERSION after the (ugly) death of the protagonists. Tespa, the protagonist blends reality with the role (or does the opposite happen and the role comes and pierces to real life :?:), characteristic of the attack at the beginning of the trailer: "stars make dreams and dreams make stars"! The Polish ones get mixed up in the middle with the heroes of the movie there, a group of whores come in the middle, in a room some rabbits talk and the wedding becomes a mess. Here I think Leeds made the puzzle so difficult that he had to give a handbook to anyone who went to see the movie. :)
Personally, I find it a very difficult film, which is not so much interest in the Lost Highway and the Mulholland. Maybe he got there and Leeds to the limit so he started filming documentaries explaining what's going on in these 3 movies, like the Twin Peaks ....

Grade: 6 / 10

Mulholland Dr (2001)

After "resting" with Straight Story, then Leeds gives us the next hit, after Lost Highway. But I think this movie is his best (excluding the previous one because it is normal). The puzzle already starts with the title, which although it has been translated into Greek, Mulholland Street, yes, it is the street around Hollywood where the film begins (reality and fantasy) but there are many who claim that Dr refers to Dream and not to Drive (!!) Why? But because most of the movie is a dream of Naomi Watts and only at the end we see a real time movie, where she clarifies (so to speak) that the former is the imagination of the protagonist who made her live her dream (and live her love with Laura Harring as betrayed by the Corfiot : twis:). Until the end was led to ......
(not to tell you everything, see to see it : eye:)

Unbelievable atmosphere this Zorian movie.
And the music I think contributes a lot to that.
I personally completely lost myself. From one point onwards, I did not make any sense.
In addition!
:)

Sent from my RedNote 5 using Tapatalk

Lynch wrote and lent his voice to this funny sketch for his friend Seth McFarland's Family Guy series, proving that he is a very fucking guy and self-sarcastic. "Also in the past" ....

In 2018, the word "Lynchian" joined Oxford English Dictionary, the most renowned English dictionary. The definition of the word is: "reminiscent of or imitates the works of David Lynch. Lynch is known for contrasting surreal or threatening elements with everyday environments as well as using fascinating visual images to emphasize a dreamy quality of mystery or threat . " The respected website They Shoot Pictures, Do not They? named him one of 30 best directors of all time [SUP][2][/SUP] and the second best director of 21 century [SUP][3][/SUP].

source: Wikipedia

TWIN PEAKS
Seasonings 1
(1990)
Season 2 (1991)
Fire Walk With Me - Movie (1992)
The missing pieces - Movie (2014)
Season 3 - The Return (2017)

Surely I can not refer to an epic 3 TV series (8 episodes 1, 22 episodes 2 and 18 episodes 3, with the first episodes of the first two cycles being about 1,5 hour), a movie over 2 hours duration and Missing Pieces that has cut scenes from the movie and this other 1,5 time writing a few words here. Neither can you exhaust the Twin Peaks with a few lines, when books have been written about it, countless web analytics and prints about what the Lynch / Frost twinner wants to say. I will confine myself to referring to the script and some explanations - aids for anyone who wants to see it and does not want to lose the ball!
First of all, I think that someone should see them in the order I wrote them, which is their chronological order. The films are meant to be prequel but if the episodes are not seen in the first two cycles, one will not get it. The series begins with Special Agent Dale Cooper, who is understood as the protagonist, who go to Twin Peaks, which is a city 50.000 (approximately) in the northwestern United States and where a young girl murdered Laura Palmer, which meant that plays an important role in the series but for 30 episodes we do not see it playing. Only in pictures and memories. Cooper finds out that Lora is the second murdered girl from the same murderer, so we are dealing with a serial killer and trying to find connections and logic. Along with Palmer, there was another girl who was hiding her, and then there were other murders. The 8 1 episodes of the 1 circle turn into this scene and step by step it seems that Kook and the local sheriff will find the edge. But at the end of the XNUMX cycle, the killer has not yet been found, and there is a difference in evidence that there is actually something strange going on.
In the 2nd cycle he gets rid of the subject of the killer very early, who is ......... (I'm not telling you), but in fact he is possessed by an evil spirit, the one who is referred to as Bob in all the episodes and who (Bob) likes to jump from one human body to another and make them evil. In essence, Bob is a figure of the Black Lodge that corresponds to fear and terror. There are other faces in this Lodge that correspond to bad emotions, such as the Dwarf or the One Hand, while there are also features of the White Lodge that correspond to good feelings, such as the Giant or the elderly waiter. Generally, because in the 2nd cycle the theme of "murder" ends early, then the series develops into a controversy of Good-Evil, Present-Past, Earth-Alien, Reality-Fantasy, Black Stoa-White Stoa. A former Cooper collaborator enters the game, who hates him to death and represents the ultimate evil, gates are discovered that lead to the above Lodges and generally pass us from reality to fantasy and so on. Of course, there are elements of a soap opera with loves, romances, intrigues, jealousies, quarrels, infidelities, etc., since we said, it is a series, many episodes that must be filled with material and the creators' nonsense, if it were only these and nothing else, they had all burned a flange!
At the end of the 2nd cycle, Cooper finally enters the Black Lodge, finds all these creatures and many more (in fact, those who were killed, since they have "passed" there as well) and at the end they meet Lora for 25 years after , as was the case with the release of the 3rd cycle exactly 25 years later. But it seems (in the last episode at the time) that Cooper is possessed by Bob.
And indeed this is the case, since the 3 cycle are 2 Cooper, one circulating all these 25 years free and evil, transforming every evil meaning in life and the other trapped, trying to escape from the Lodge trap that has fallen and return to real life, to his real body, destroying in essence his captured salvation. Once again, Lora Palmer, who is a face card on all the posters of the series, does not appear here except in the last episode, where Cooper, having fully recovered, following the footprints, finds her somewhere far and tries to find out if she really is or something else has become strange (??;)
So the movie came as a prequel to illuminate some issues. He was long enough, but he left them again confused. After 12 years the other movie with the cut scenes was released and it shed some light, but certainly many questions have been left unanswered. He really wants a lot of study and a lot of reading and a lot of viewing to get someone to shed light on every corner of Twin Peaks and I'm still pale!
Anyway, in the movie we see and who is the girl who preceded Lora Palmer, what links them, why the killer chose them ... We see and play with Nora. Since the film is about the days before her death, it is sensible to have her the primary role. Of course, what seems to be is that Lora was a drunk, dipped in coca, shopping for francs and drugs, just like the previous dead, and that's a good reason for a serial killer to send her outside . We see a continuity between the FBI agents dealing with some of these assumptions and how there is a metaphysical link between them. How, in an abstract way, everything is connected to each other. And the good thing is that the previous agents are a) Davis Bowie and b) Chris Isaak, friends of the director as we have seen in other films.

I repeat what I had written at the beginning of the tribute. The first two cycles and movies were shot in times when we had no cell phones, no internet, not even a cd, in a remote town in the US state, so these factors should be taken into account in the monitoring. And the Return followed this logic, so do not start! "but why doesn't he pick up his cell phone to pick up the phone?", "but why doesn't he google to find it?" etc. etc. In Twin Peaks there is no such thing!

Grade: 10 / 10 (as a whole)

Predictions

• 14:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 3 HD
    • UEFA Youth League Show
  • 15:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 3 HD
    • Olympiacos - Nantes
  • 17:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 3 HD
    • UEFA Youth League Show
  • 18:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 8 HD
    • Al Nasr - Al Fayha
  • 19:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 3 HD
    • Porto - Milan
  • 19:30
    Novasports 2HD
    • Nuremberg - Paderborn
    COSMOTE SPORT 2 HD
    • Genoa - Lazio
  • 21:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 8 HD
    • Al Ahly - Al Hilal
  • 21:30
    Novasports 3HD
    • Eintracht Frankfurt - Augsburg
    Novasports 4HD
    • Palermo - Parma
    Novasports Start
    • Tenerife - Leganes
  • 21:45
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • Cagliari - Juventus
  • 22:00
    Novasports 1HD
    • Athletic Bilbao - Granada
  • 22:00
    Novasports 2HD
    • Nice - Lorient
  • 22:15
    COSMOTE SPORT 2 HD
    • Rio Ave - Aruca
  • 20:15
    ERT3
    • Panathinaikos - Peristeri
  • 20:55
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • NBA Action 2023-24 E3326
    Novasports Prime
    • Baskonia - Virtus Bologna
  • Tomorrow 20-04-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 02:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • SoFi NBA Play-In Tournament
  • 04:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 04:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • SoFi NBA Play-In Tournament
  • 06:30
    ANT1 +
    • Formula 1 Shanghai International Circuit Practice 1
  • 09:25
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • WRC 2024
  • 10:30
    ANT1 +
    • Formula 1 Shanghai International Circuit Sprint Qualifying
  • 10:40
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • WRC 2024
  • 11:25
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • WRC 2024
  • 12:45
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • WRC 2024
  • 13:30
    Novasports 6HD
    • WTA 500 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix
  • 13:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP 500 2024
  • 14:30
    Novasports 5HD
    • WTA 250 Open Metropole
  • 15:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP 500 2024
  • 17:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP 500 2024
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP 500 2024
General Chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    That's why I'm here...to inform about everything : bravo: : ROFLMAO: :p
  • B Forum Bot:
    User BraShaVa8888 started a new topic called "|_ Live _|" in the Football Predictions.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    according to the Greek media, as I read, Panathaspor decided to buy Giannis Goumas from Turkey. Very good move, well done : smk1:
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    According to the coach Ismail Kartal, except for Ostervolde where he operated and Perez there is no absence. So what I'm waiting for and what 99% of those who watch Fener are waiting for is the following lineup

Livakovic

Osagi Samuel-Tsikou-Bekao-Kantioglou

Ismail Yuksek-Fred
    Shimansky
    Kahveji-Tadic
    Jacko
    this is Fener's factory setting here you don't even need a coach everything works on auto
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Where did you read this?
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    according to beisports turkey is a publication of sportime says
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    was the lover accused of doping? he probably overdid it with the viagra : smk1:
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Sportime has hit rock bottom....never believe it...
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Of course you're laughing, but the story with Ioannidis showed once again how low social media has become....every idiot writes that he's being bullied without any natural consequences....and it's a good thing that within a few hours the hypothesis was proven to be a hoax ...and it didn't work
    2-3 days...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    but the situation is laughable, In today's day I don't wonder about anything really
  • Ertzan Forum Bot:
    User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 FINAL (20-21/4/2024)" in the IFC Competition.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    In my eyes with the eleven that Fener has sent and it's the one I wrote above Fener normally wins 2-0 at least because the ball is a whore as Osim also said everything we see can go wrong (see yesterday's)
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Atjun showed once again how big a Fenerbahce fan he is and the match will be shown on free TV8 : smk1:
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    with the entry of Zaits, Fener is currently playing with 10 players
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    I say it will go to penalties
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I wish
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Dzikou holds the defense
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    at the moment Fener is playing with 10 players
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Krunic even enters
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    if Olympiacos can and really scores its magic, if it loses it deserves its fate
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Now the coach of Fener "fucked" them but he tells you that Olympiacos is not coming so I can put them
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    as I wrote to a friend besides Batshuayi, I wouldn't change anyone and even if their legs had to be amputated, maybe instead of Bekao if he was injured I would put Bonucci for the penalties
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Krunic, Zaijc, Under, Caglar that useless there is put the incompetent
  • Water resistant Forum Bot:
    User Water resistant started a new topic called "is there an anonymous wallet?" in the Electronic wallets.
    Water resistant Forum Bot: User Waterproof started a new topic called "is there an anonymous wallet ?" in the...