Tribute No 15 - Fatih Akin

zorian

IFC # 5 Cup winner 2013-14
Staff member
11 Oct 2005
On an island of the ocean, on a deserted peak
This tribute will take place at the 45Tour Turkish director Fatih Akin, who was born and raised in Hamburg. I have a hat, because while he keeps his national identity and his country and his traditions are of great concern to his films, he is open minded, he has friends of Greek, Serbian, Kurdish, Croatian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cypriot, no nationalistic issues, that is, no religious bondage is his fortitude! {as shown by his films is meant}
Our Adam Adam Busdukos is with him from the beginning, they must be the best pals. And from the outset it has shown that although Turkey is present in almost all of the films, its fellow countrymen (from there) from other neighboring (and well-hostile) countries are not just enemies. And I like it too !!
Ten full length feature films, with the first 1998 release, after two short films (experimenting in essence). The tenth is now released in the first two months of 2019 and it is understood that it has not yet been seen. Let's slowly write about the rest and that time will come.

zorian

Staff member
11 Oct 2005
Answer: Tribute No 1 - Fatih Akin

Short and painless 1998

Short and painless is the title of the first film of Akin. As I wrote above, from the beginning it shows who she is. Three friendly friends, stickers, a Turk, a Greek and a Serb are sung by young people in Hamburg. (I forgot to mention above that in many places his films seem to have an autobiographical character). He just got out of prison and found things a little different than he had left. But the bonds of friendship that they have with each other are always present and everywhere and everybody tries to reconcile themselves with the past and the present, looking with optimism and the future ....
Albanian mafia beats, kills, kills, laughs and laughs, falls in love, betrays and generally makes the film very interesting. The first sample for the Turkish director is impeccable.

Grade: 6 / 10

zorian

Staff member
11 Oct 2005

In July 2000

In July or July if you want, his second movie. Juli, of course, also tells the protagonist in the movie, so we have a punch in the title. It is a road movie with the protagonist wanting to travel to Istanbul (to find his girlfriend of dreams) and a girl who has fallen in love with him (Juli) to "travel" with him to win him. Again, Turkey on the subject of the film, Mehmet Kurtulus who plays in the first film, and Idil Uner are playing here as well as Busdukos. But there are two new great actors, the (also) Turkish Birol Unel, who turns to a next film at Head On, but also one of the best German actors (in my opinion), Moritz Bleibtreu, who also has grown up in this hill of Hamburg.
Christiane Paul is very good at playing Juli and we have the appearance of an "actress of Kusturica", the wonderful Branka Katic by Black Cat, White Cat. Yugoslavian influence is also evident in this film by Akin.
The director thinks he went a step further and gave us a movie a step above the previous one. What we expected.

Grade: 7 / 10

gdouvl1984

presenter
Staff member
17 Ion 2012
3while

I'm looking forward to the reviews of The Soul Kitchen, but also the Golden Glove, when it's good to come out.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

zorian

Staff member
11 Oct 2005

Solino 2002

Another one moves upwards for the director's look at Akin. Solo is a migration story, but in order to prevent the immigrants from being again Turkish in this film, we see an Italian family fleeing from a poor Italian village to emigrate to Duisburg for a better life.
It begins to make clear that the Turkish director focuses very much on the characters of his films, which, of course, is manifested in all his grandeur in the next film. Solinus has brought me a lot of elements from Cinema to Paradise. Again, Bleibtreu plays, classically Buzzucus, but most actors are Italians or bring to Italians after we said it is about an Italian immigrant family.
I repeat that Akin "builds" step by step more and better movies and this is not just positive but the best !!

Grade: 8 / 10

Reactions: the cacambola

zorian

Staff member
11 Oct 2005

Head On 2004

I put the title with which the film is best known, not the original, nor the Greek. The prototype is Against the wall and the Greek Together, never! All these titles stick to each other I never understood !!! Here Akin put the bar very high and passed it with great success! A totally rock movie, That's Rock who is also singing Kraunakis.
Unbelievable Birol Unel, Sibel Keklili incredible! From the beginning, with the thrashing, the viewer gets shocked and wonders what awaits him ... Very strong movie! A Turk, which has broken the establishment and lives as it pleases (Unel here reminded me vigorously of Agelaka in The loser gets everything Nicolaides), a turkey who wants to make her life outside the boundaries of the Turkish family and their way of life, cuts her veins for fun and knows Unel and persuades him to make a white marriage to she can leave her home. The white marriage, done with the zion, ends in passion and love and then .........
You do not want to write to them all. See it !! Very clever and the change of sections not titles but with the Turkish orchestra playing in front of the Bosporus. The top I consider to be the Turkish director. In Europe, the prizes were not swept in America, nor did they take it away : twis:

Grade: 10 / 10

zorian

Staff member
11 Oct 2005

On the other hand 2007

This is the title of 5's film by the Turkish director, with the English title: The Edge of Heaven and the Greek: The Edge of Heaven. Traveling Hamburg - Istanbul is this film, in a very "sweet" mess among people that are somehow connected to each other.
An elderly Turk, living in Hamburg with his son, likes a prostitute (and her Turkka) and pays her to take her home. One day, blind, she pulls a blouse and she falls into a piece of furniture and she is left! They put him in prison and his son is looking for the only relative of the late daughter, her daughter. On a trip to the City he decides to buy a bookstore and stay there. The daughter, meanwhile, living in rampant rationality, leaves the city for Hamburg, and finds her mother, but mostly not to catch her. But they grabbed her in Germany for a hand that she did and sent her to Turkey. In Germany, however, she had been involved with one, who also leaves for Turkey to be close to her love ..... and there is a lot more to be seen, because everything is ready for you : twis:
Good movie, with nice tangle that keeps you alert throughout. Surely it could not have been like the previous, very difficult to make two consecutive masterpieces, but they are very good guaranteed !!

zorian

Staff member
11 Oct 2005

Soul Kitchen 2009

Sixth film for the Turkish director and this time gives us a movie that goes more toward the comedy. Of course, in the same environment, in Hamburg, with the same lower characters, ie immigrants in Germany, but with different mood and different styles. The protagonist is Greek, in fact, but also in the film. Adam Buzoukos plays Zeno Kazantzakis, has a hangover that generally does not go well, he loses his love, and he has a brother-in-law (Elias) who only has gangs in mind and in general, with comical mood and not blacks. As I wrote, Akin tries to create a movie that makes you laugh, despite the wrong and the upside.
Very Greek in this movie, very good music, in the end it leaves you with a pleasant mood. In addition to Boudoukos, Moritz Bleibtreu, who plays Elijah, plays Birol Unel as the eccentric chef who goes on to raise the restoration. Generally good cast and I think here the character filming that I like in Akin has reached a maximum level.
I think Soul Kitchen, for which there has been much talk, is a remarkable and decent film. He is not from the top of the Turkish but he deserves the height of his films!

zorian

Staff member
11 Oct 2005
Answer: Tribute No 15 - Fatih Akin

The Cut 2014

The philosophy of the director in this film is completely different. A very strong film of refuge and uprooting. It starts in a village in southeast Turkey near the border with Syria, Mardin. There (as anywhere) lived a lot of Armenians. In an Armenian family, action begins, but very soon Turkish soldiers gather all the male population to begin this historic mischief. The genocide of the Armenians!
Our protagonist, of course, escapes from the massacre, but his family has fallen and he ends up secretly in Aleppo. And from there begins a journey across all the lengths and backs of the earth to find his daughters that someone told him to live while his wife killed her. After suffering and suffering he finally arrives in North Dakota (!!!) where in one settlement of Armenia he finally finds one daughter alive, the other died a few months ago!
As I wrote above, it is a very powerful film about the issue of refugee. With the uniqueness of Akin to direct characters, he portrays all the pain of the father, desperately looking for his children, and one disappointment follows the other until the "redemption" finally comes.

Grade: 7 / 10

zorian

Staff member
11 Oct 2005

tschick 2016

And here Akin continues to direct away from his usual habits. The film is a wandering of two teenagers in the inland of Germany. With a cheerful mood, he directs the bravado that happens to the kids who, with a stolen car, roam around and make "wings". Tsik, the title of the film, is the name of one of the two, a Russian and a friend of the other, who is German and the narrator in the film. Now, the Greek title Berlin, Goodbye I do not know how it hangs. Probably because the kids leave the city in the summer and wander in the countryside of Germany.
This is not something special. Someone is looking at her pleasantly but not seeing her losing anything!

Grade: 4 / 10

zorian

Staff member
11 Oct 2005

In the fade 2017

Immediately the following year after Tsik, the Turkish director gives us an amazing film! The In the fade, his penultimate film after being released and fresh Der goldene Handschuh, referring to the neighborhoods of St. Pauli, looks at the matter of fascism, its spread in Europe, and its tentacles, which now have no limits of spread.
A young woman loses her Kurdish husband and young son when a pair of neo-Nazis leaves a bomb outside Kurdish office. The German justice leaves them free, and she decides to get the law in her hands. The couple "escapes" to Greece to escape what they will follow after the incident. Here lies a goldsmith, but the deceased's husband will find them ..........
Watch this! Worth!

About us

• The infobeto community is considered a meeting point for gamers and people in the gambling market for consultations, advice, updates, information exchange, problem solving with companies, etc. We are proud to have the largest gaming forum in Greece and one of the world's largest and we work daily to keep the level of our community high.

Quick navigation

User menu

Follow us on Facebook

General Chat
Aid Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
  • okonski:
    Verona didn't keep it!
  • okonski:
    Am Star who wins 2-0 at 7 '?
  • GRaptakis:
    Good quality match in Athletic with Thelta very good.
  • GRaptakis:
    ... but the first player of the race so far is the Thelta Ruben goalkeeper ... in 3 stages he played socks, underwear and vests together
  • BetLaden:
    Haha : ROFLMAO:
  • BetLaden:
    If you find yourself doing good for our live cast
  • okonski:
    Good afternoon, good evening
    +1
  • GRaptakis:
    Zaragoza has universal superiority but no goals yet. The Bear that last year made her 0-2. Logically the 1-0 is owned by Zaragoza. Live here will make sense to wait after 80 'and play a little ace. Usually the horror in Segunda is after 85
    +1
  • Balaton:
    The Fener 21 minute match and the 2,5 overtime on 1,03, not even Barcelona!
  • BetLaden:
    Haha ... seriously ???
  • BetLaden:
    So wait for the Spanish ...(Y)
  • Balaton:
    But he has no 1,03 in the 21 mercy, that is to say, such a goal-scoring performance this time only in a banner and a bar when they play inside
    +1
  • Ertzan:
    the ball is on the bottom smells the goal for it
  • Ertzan:
    I'm just leaving for ouzo. But I'll be stand by
  • PANATHA:
    Balaton said:
    The Fener 21 minute match and the 2,5 overtime on 1,03, not even Barcelona!
    But with the score on 1-1 ...
  • GRaptakis:
    Ruben in Thelta has caught the wings of the passing birds
  • GRaptakis:
    But he still hasn't caught his appetite ... but it's been a while
  • GRaptakis:
    I hear on the radio that Messi is not in the eleven
  • GRaptakis:
    the match is on 10
  • BetLaden:
    PANATHA said:
    But with the score on 1-1 ...
    haha ... well you didn't see that it was already 1-1
  • Balaton:
    So, because I have a question, is it giving 1000 a maximum bet on Barca's win now losing 2-0?
  • Balaton:
  • game:
    Max bet
  • Balaton:
    gods
    Balaton: gods