Tribute No 6 - Asghar Farhadi

zorian

IFC # 5 Cup winner 2013-14
Staff member
11 Oct 2005
On an island in the ocean, on a deserted peak
Recently I have seen all the films of Persia (also called Zuga) Asghar Farhadi. A real cinema, free of fruity and aroma, without effect, without tits and asses. Only emotions and real life. What impressed me is how far the reality is in Iran (especially in Tehran where most of its films are evolving), with what the Western media shows. Respect for women (and husbands and other women) is something else, I really did not expect it with what I listened to and read. Of course, from female sex do not expect to see anything but the lower part of the hands and the face. The handkerchiefs are cloudless. With down the same (very good) acting actors, Farhadi gives us movies - diamonds and is a jewel for the art of cinema.

Reactions: Avrolimos
Answer: Tribute No 6 - Asghar Farhadi

Beautiful Town (2004)
(original title: Shah-re ziba)
in Arabic I do not know how to write it : twis:

(English Title: Beautiful City)

I do not know if it has been released in Greece, I saw it with English subtitles. It is the first (his) film of the Iranian director (he has participated in previous ones but he has not directed them). It does not take place in Tehran and is the only one where something negative is clearly seen for women in relation to men. This is what the subtitles said as blood money and it is the money you pay as a guarantee (let's say it for convenience, so as not to go into details) for a man and a woman. The value of a man is double! By law! Anyway, the story is the attempt made by a girl and a young man, who has just been released from prison, to save the girl's brother, who killed his girlfriend, from the death penalty. This first film is quite good, although a little lower than the next ones, since a "track" is visible to the first appearing director. Starring Taraneh Alidoosti, who has starred in many Farhadi films.

Grade: 7 / 10

Last edited:

Fireworks on Wednesday (2006)
(original title: Chahatshanbe-soori)
(English title: Fireworks Wednesday)

The next film by the Iranian director put us in the familiar (then) setting of his films. Tehran, inter-family situations and quarrels, infidelity (or at least suspicions), etc. A family pulls its bruises and the game comes in as the girl who went to clean the house, Taraneh Alidoosti, who plays her role in the final outcome of the family quarrels, with her truths and lies. Levels above the previous movie Fireworks on Wednesday show us where this director will arrive. In the video we see a scene from the fireworks events, a Persian custom.

Grade: 9 / 10

Last edited:

What happened to Elli? (2009)
(original title: Darbareye Elly)
(English title: About Elly)

3 Years After Fireworks Asghar Farhadi gives us the amazing Darbareye Elly (Elly is - again, Taraneh Alidoosti, while actors who will continue to work with him in subsequent films such as Shahab Hosseini and Peyman Moaadi) appear to be on the scene. A bunch of friends go somewhere to get a G / C and one girl gets along with them and Elie, who goes without her fiancé and her mother. Thus, when it disappears into the well-sitting (;) there is a panic and so the situation continues until the end. Great here the Iranian director!

Grade: 10 / 10

Last edited:

A split (2011)
(original title: Jodaeiye Nader az Simin)
(English Title: A Separation)

One of the best movies we've seen in recent years. Iran's penultimate job is another diamond in world cinema. Starring Peyman Moaadi and Leila Hatami, this series features a series of dramas that occur in family situations, perfectly executed by a metric of the genre. I think everyone who loves cinema should see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: gdouvl1984

Past (2013)
(original title: Le passe)
(English Title: The Past)

The tribute to the Iranian director ends with his latest film, The Past, which is also enchanting. This time the whole scene is played in France (so the French original title), where the husband goes to arrange the divorce and creates once again an intra-family situation quite complicated, with their daughter, the new couple his wife and his son and many more. Another diamond from Farhadi.

A split (2011)
(original title: Jodaeiye Nader az Simin)
(English Title: A Separation)

One of the best movies we've seen in recent years. Iran's penultimate job is another diamond in world cinema. Starring Peyman Moaadi and Leila Hatami, this series features a series of dramas that occur in family situations, perfectly executed by a metric of the genre. I think everyone who loves cinema should see it.

* The one I've seen of this particular Chris. The epitome of a dram without fars and perfumes. Especially for people who have suffered such situations this particular strikes at the mercy.
It is even more interesting if we consider that it is happening in a state with a totally different culture of ours, which is of western type, with the implication.

* The one I've seen of this particular Chris. The epitome of a dram without fars and perfumes. Especially for people who have suffered such situations this particular strikes at the mercy.
It is even more interesting if we consider that it is happening in a state with a totally different culture of ours, which is of western type, with the implication.
So it's all over Stelios. Without fragrances and fragrances, situations that we have all or almost all of us experienced or faced, and did not concern us directly. WONDERFUL!!

Merchant (2016)
(original title: Forushande)
(English title: The Salesman)

The last film by Faraday is about Ely. She won the Oscar for Foreign Language this year, but I personally expected something more to be done by such a great director. While he is at the level of his previous film, I score lower because after that film he made other 2 very great and was expecting he would not come back. I expect the next one to see if she really has so much to give yet, who has not shown us so far.

Grade: 8 / 10

Last edited:
Reactions: the cacambola
Everyone knows it (2018)
(original title: Todos lo saben)
(English title: Everybody knows)

Faradi's new film in Spanish. It takes place in a village in Spain, most Spanish actors with brands to give the present. (Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem) but also the Argentine Ricardo Darin, who played in the amazing "Το μυστικό στα μάτια της", for those who have seen it.
The film, now, is not a masterpiece like the well-known ones of the Iranian director, it is approximately at the level of Salesman. But it's a script we've seen several times (kidnapping a minor) and it doesn't have that much to stand out from similar movies of the same philosophy. However, it is seen with a lot of interest and it is definitely worth seeing, even for the few interesting notes that Faradi adds to the film.

Grade: 6 / 10

Predictions

• 17:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 1 HD
    • PAS Lamia - PAOK
  • 19:30
    Novasports Prime
    • Mars - Olympiacos
  • 20:00
    Novasports 2HD
    • Monaco - Lille
    Novasports 3HD
    • Lorient - Paris Saint Germain
  • 20:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 1 HD
    • AEK - Panathinaikos
  • 21:30
    Novasports Extra 2
    • Club Brugge - Genk
  • 21:30
    Novasports News
    • Anderlecht - Circle Brugge
  • 21:45
    Novasports Extra 1
    • Wolves - Bournemouth
  • 22:00
    Novasports 1HD
    • Ajax - Excelsior
    Novasports 2HD
    • Atalanta - Fiorentina
    Novasports 3HD
    • Marseille - Nis
    Novasports 5HD
    • Manchester City - Sheffield United
    Novasports Start
    • Crystal Palace - Newcastle
    Novasports Premier League
    • Everton - Liverpool
  • Tomorrow 25-04-2024
  • 03:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 8 HD
    • Independiente del Valle - Palmeiras
  • 16:00
    Star of Central Greece
    • Esperos Lamias - AE Psychikos
    Novasports 6HD
    • Monaco - Fenerbahce
    Novasports 4HD
    • Barcelona - Olympiacos
  • Tomorrow 25-04-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 02:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • Boston Celtics - Miami Heat
  • 03:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • NBA 2023-24
  • 04:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 12:00
    Novasports 6HD
    • WTA 1000 Mutua Madrid Open - Round of 128
  • 12:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • 15:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • 19:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
General Chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Sportime has hit rock bottom....never believe it...
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Of course you're laughing, but the story with Ioannidis showed once again how low social media has become....every idiot writes that he's being bullied without any natural consequences....and it's a good thing that within a few hours the hypothesis was proven to be a hoax ...and it didn't work
    2-3 days...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    but the situation is laughable, In today's day I don't wonder about anything really
  • Ertzan Forum Bot:
    User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 FINAL (20-21/4/2024)" in the IFC Competition.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    In my eyes with the eleven that Fener has sent and it's the one I wrote above Fener normally wins 2-0 at least because the ball is a whore as Osim also said everything we see can go wrong (see yesterday's)
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Atjun showed once again how big a Fenerbahce fan he is and the match will be shown on free TV8 : smk1:
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    with the entry of Zaits, Fener is currently playing with 10 players
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    I say it will go to penalties
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I wish
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Dzikou holds the defense
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    at the moment Fener is playing with 10 players
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Krunic even enters
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    if Olympiacos can and really scores its magic, if it loses it deserves its fate
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Now the coach of Fener "fucked" them but he tells you that Olympiacos is not coming so I can put them
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    as I wrote to a friend besides Batshuayi, I wouldn't change anyone and even if their legs had to be amputated, maybe instead of Bekao if he was injured I would put Bonucci for the penalties
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Krunic, Zaijc, Under, Caglar that useless there is put the incompetent
  • Water resistant Forum Bot:
    User Water resistant started a new topic called "is there an anonymous wallet?" in the Electronic wallets.
  • S Forum Bot:
    User ssk started a new topic called "Double bet" in the Football Predictions.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    What a crazy league this is...
  • K Forum Bot:
    User kandalf started a new topic called "Account management" in the Betting conversations.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Our kids have beaten the Italians, especially the 3-0, even Cristiano Ronaldo would be jealous
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    THE FIRST GREEK TEAM TO WIN A EUROPEAN TITLE IN FOOTBALL, OLYMPIAKS YOUNG PEOPLE : smk1:
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    First European trophy for Greece and the Panathinaikos U19 team in the Netherlands in 1980 ... then Barcelona and Ajax were eliminated !!!!
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    The tavern keeper said that if you don't go to the Final Four, he won't be in the team next year. Okay, we know how crazy he is, I hope you found out too. You lose the match, the players are worried, you throw them and you the ball "it's your fault" and load more pressure
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    PANATHA said:
    First European trophy for Greece and the Panathinaikos U19 team in the Netherlands in 1980 ... then Barcelona and Ajax were eliminated !!!!
    In the Milko cup? : paidi:
    Ertzan Ertzan: First European trophy for Greece and the Panathinaikos U19 team in the Netherlands in 1980...