SUMMER SUMMER 2011 ... FILA WITH YOU A FEAR FOR ..

nicolas

IFC # 9 Champion 2012-13, V-Bookie Champion 2008
28 IOL 2007
Thessaloniki in heart, Alimos on paper ....
Good morning to everyone!

I came back from my summer vacation, where I spent a ten day day on the beautiful island Lefkas along with my wife and our 2.5 year old son.
We had a great time and honestly didn't understand when the ten days were over !! But that's the way it is, everybody's nice for a while ... (maybe that's why it's nice)
I will try to bring you my holidays in the forum so that other children who might want to visit the island of LEFKADOS will help….

ACCOMMODATION: We stayed in the area A. IOANNIS 2.5 kilometers from the city of Lefkada in a beautiful place in the Venetian olive groves. We think it must have been the most beautiful place to stay than anything in the olive groves. The place is called ANTHIAS GARDEN and there is also a corresponding site where the photos are very few compared to reality. Owners a couple of retirees and their son, who really take care of everything in the estate !! We are talking about a lush estate with studios and maisonettes !! The cost for the studio we had chosen for this year was 70 euros per night and if you stayed for more than a week you had an 20% discount for days over a week. So for a total of 10 days our cost was 65 / night.

In order to better organize our holidays (and because I am an absolute fan of the organization I would say) I had printed a page with map of the island and I bought one from the island COMPLETE LEFKADOS GUIDE (from the fagotto editions, written by Lefkadites) and it was simply that best for information about the island. There is also a corresponding site where one can take a look to understand the style.
Before talking about the beaches I should make three points.
Η first is related to my origin. I'm a Thessaloniki 100%, and like most of my compatriots, I'm stuck with the beaches of Halkidiki…: twis:. As a result, I am a very strict judge of the beaches of the other islands.
Η second is that the 10 days we stayed (with the exception of the last two days) had a breeze that greatly affected the "usual" image of many of the island's beaches.
And huh third is that they DON'T LIKE ALL PEOPLE THE SAME THINGS, PARTY etc ...: twis:
So let's go to the beaches….

I start with beaches in the north Island's.

We went to A. GIANNI (next to the place we stay ...) Ideal beach for windsurfers and kite surfers !! It is permanently airborne and generally if one has a child it is not recommended… .A clear sand water.
Beach ONLY: It is a beach near A. Giannis, where due to its geographical location it is almost always quiet ... (almost because we did it with the breeze we said ...) Usually the Lefkadites swim there. Clear water with pebbles, but not something special.
Next to Ammoglossa are the beaches CASTLE and RULE we didn't go but we were told it's the same style.

I continue with beaches on WEST Island's.
A. NIKITAS BEACH : It is a small creek in the homonymous village. It is beautiful as a beach, but because of the many boats in the bay and because of the crowded crowds, the waters were not so clear. What (if good weather) is worth doing is picking up a tray called express mylos and going (in ten minutes) to the next one beach called MILL. Very beautiful, with little world, crystal clear waters and sandbag ... (of course I repeat the breeze, breeze ...: twis:). The boat ticket (2011 summer) is 6 Euro go-and-go.
BEACH SEAT: Huge beach with crystal clear waters and pebbles. It is organized and if you want to get lucky for umbrellas you should go early. One of the most beautiful on the island. (we had our own umbrella with the unlikely impactor and we didn't understand anything ...: twis:
PORTO KATSI BEACH: Incredible scenery, crystal clear waters and pebbles. Not by accident the most beautiful beach on the island for many people. It has 105 steps down (and so up !!): twis:and it is preferable to visit it in the afternoon (after 16.30, 17.00) when the crowds are very crowded. We did so (we were advised) and we did not regret it.
On this side of the island there are beaches adulterated (we didn't go because it has 300 steps and with a 2.5 kid it would be hard enough), knowing that it is one of the most beautiful), the beaches pines and watering can (we didn't go) as well three beaches in the village of Kalamitsi (we also didn't go because there was enough air).

Let's go on southern beaches.

AMMUSA BEACH: Small beach with crystal clear waters and pebbles. It was one of the pebbly beaches that I liked because wearing a mask you could see the beautiful depth of the seabed. Note here that I can do nothing with the pebble beaches because my feet suffer. (each person has a different number of nerve endings on the soles and thus has a different sensitivity. I am talking about not fighting it !!!: bb:
SMALL GLASS BEACH (ROUDA BAS): Small beach with clear water (although it had several boats), but the pebble was forbidden !! What a rough pebble these guys were !!! Wow, wow, wow !!!

I left them last eastern beaches which are not as favorable as the rest of the island and are therefore not much preferred. We tried the beach near Nikiana (LITTLE OR TRADITIONAL) I didn't understand which of the two were. Quiet beach but not clean. In general in Lefkada you do not go for the beaches on the eastern side but for the western ones.

Let me briefly say that for those who have a small child, Lefkada is not the perfect place for a holiday. Caution!! I do not prevent anyone from going or drawing conclusions from my own experience! I just express a personal opinion! After all, I repeat that we had a great time! I just think it's an island more for couples and less for families with young little kids (I emphasize the little ones because I think they are ideal for older children.)

FOOD: Now let's talk about the third component of a good holiday (after accommodation and beaches). But of course I'm talking about food and taverns! I will write down the taverns we ate at and anyone can cross them.
The division is based on the four points of the horizon.

WEST:

TAVERN SAPHO:
WHERE IS IT: A small tavern right on the beach A. Nikita.
COMBINED BEACH: A. NIKITAS, MILL
STRONG POINTS: Extremely tasty, try the fried mussels and pumpkin pie EVERYWHERE!
PRICES: Normal.

RACHI MAZEDOPLE:
WHERE IS IT: In the mountain village EXTREMELY. (above Kalamitsi).
COMBINED BEACH: The three beaches of Kalamitsi village.
STRONG POINTS : God forbid! We're talking about being on a balcony of paradise !! There are lots of nice snacks that will let you know what's going on the day you go. Because it's high enough, if you go after 19.00 you have something to wear and don't wear it and get cold.

WHITE TAVERNS:
WHERE IS IT: At the village Athan.
COMBINED BEACH: TREATED, DOOR KATSIKI.
STRONG POINTS: Also nice views, anchovy marinade, excellent potato salad and pumpkins!
PRICES: Normal

EAST:

Taverna Giannis:
WHERE IS IT: At the village Lygia.
COMBINED BEACH: A. GIANNIS, and the eastern ones.
STRONG POINTS: The fresh fish. Here I want to make a note. I went to this one because it was the best known. Unfortunately, however, I was disappointed. And my frustration grew even bigger when I heard from people on the island that "Yiannis" has been spoiled ever since his children took over. The fish we ate couldn't say it was the best I had eaten (even kangaroo) while even serving the fish was for tears !!! Suffice it to say that they brought me fish near the kilo on a round plate that could barely fit. Overall it was the only tavern I went to and I felt "touristy", a common sucker. (the modern Greek by the term tourist in modern Greek means sucker right?) Fatsoula)
PRICES : THE 55 FISH EURO A PILL.

GOAT Taverns
WHERE IS IT : At the village Ligia.
COMBINED BEACH : A. GIANNIS and the Eastern.
STRONG POINTS: The fresh fish. And he is well known, but he justified his reputation. Fresh fish with very nice salads.
PRICES : THE 50 FISH EURO A PILL.

Taverna Pavlos
WHERE IS IT : In the mountain village Charaditika.
COMBINED BEACH: SMALL GLASS, BLACK
STRONG POINTS: Spit meats. It has chicken soup, toast, cockroach and all the classics of the hour. The truth is that even though I am a meat lover, I did not enjoy "Isubla" meat.

SPIRIDOULAS Taverns:
WHERE IS IT: In the picturesque seaside village Syvota. It is a hamlet that is bound by too many boats. (no beach for swimming, with so many boats in !!)
COMBINED BEACH: Basilica, Ammousseo, Sanctuary.
STRONG POINTS: All fish !! Fresh fish !!. Excellent oatmeal and octopus.
PRICES : 50 FISH EURO Pound

DUCK'S TAVERN:
COMBINED BEACH: Those close to Lefkada
STRONG POINTS: Chicken risotto, chicken and chef salad.
PRICES: Normal

One question you might ask yourself about how much you liked something is: In which taverns would you go to eat again? I reply to everyone except John and Paul. My opinion like that, don't get me wrong.

When I say normal prices I mean that with a 40 euro they could eat a couple with a 2.5 kid very well. (without wine inside, we drink beer and soft drinks in the summer!)
Where I ate fish I also traded in the price.

OTHER ENTERTAINMENT:
HIGH VEHICLES WITH A CAR
Some days we took some excursions to the mountainous villages of Lefkada. I would just say it was fantastic! Untouched by the barbaric hand of culture, we visited villages such as:
Karya with its plane trees,

the Englouvi where we drank ouzo after lunch at Square and we bought the famous lentils (ten euros a kilo !!!, to see they are as delicious as they say;: fish:

Baukeri, Kolyvata, Alexandros, Platystoma, Drymonas, Asprogerrakata, Chortata, Saint Elias, Saint Peter, Syvros with the fountains of cherry !, all the graphics and witnesses of another era that unfortunately no longer exists…. : emb:I couldn't go to the waterfalls as the ... little one didn't allow us, and for the same reason we didn't go to the bee canyon. However, those who are childless are worth a visit, as well as some other mountainous areas where one can hike trails.

CRUISE:
From Nydri every morning on 9.00 starts a cruise around the islands very different from all the others. The boat that makes the tour of the island is like an old Greek-class boat (ancient trireme), bearing the name ODYSSEIA and the captain Gerasimos and its crew, they really offer their souls for the world to have a good time. We did it on the last day of our vacation and we heard it from people who had done it. There is no agency that can find the excursion, except at the port of Nidri just before departure and word of mouth.

The trip costs 35 euros per person, and includes: access to the famed Papanikolis cave and a swim for those who want to dive by boat, access to the island of Meganisi, access to a deserted beach of Lefakada in the name of Fouillakia and Psilakia beach at the time by the crew itself, tomato salad, feta cheese, tzatziki, bread and soft drinks and wines!) We say that when we saw all of this we fell in love with my wife !! It is enough for man to want ... But he wants everything he can. Imagine that at the beach we ate, it had umbrellas for ALL cruise passengers while supplying those who wanted masks, flippers, buckets for kids, mats !!!!: bb:

Incredible Captain Gerasimus is talking ...: bb:And of course the definition of GREEK and not like our spoiled young Greeks ... Inside the cruise there is his wife (the sympathetic French Marie who tours in various languages, depending on the nationality of the passengers. After lunch and lunch "Lacʼʼ, there is the approach to the island of Onassis, Scorpio where we bathed at the beach of" Kallas "... Returning to Nidri was at 18.00 in the afternoon. In the boat, we were served ouzo with elites, we danced with a Greek Our raiotatous dances and just before we get to Nidri and ate our karpouzaki ... In a word: Unforgettable trip ... .Ti highly recommend to anyone !!

And finally, some details about the accommodation.
In terms of supply, there are large supermarkets (supermarkets) near Lefkada (well known chains) and there was no problem with gasoline. (Several gas stations, at the price of a liter at 1.71 at gas stations near the country.)

Before leaving Lefkada one is worth buying the notorious salam (there are four different houses that make it, I personally asked and got the least 'commercialized' (ask locals and they will tell you), wine from Verzamo grape (red and white), lentils as I mentioned Englouvis and some pastels .

For fast food choices are the fantastic crepe from ʽSTONE on the main pedestrian street and ice cream from Stavrakas where to find a table you have to apply….: twis:
These little things I had to take you through from my personal vacation in Lefkada where I spent a wonderful 10 days. Hope they find helpful for many friends who will want to visit the island ...

Y.Y. Every day our son got in the car, he was asking me in a very conservative way (very laughing to hear a two-year-old demanding) to put out the song I had written under the title MUZURAKI-MARAVEIA. So I just put it on, listened to it and just finished asking for it again ... and again and again ... So every day I and my wife listened to it 30 thousand times !!!!: Up: And it was a lot of fun because she had heard it from me singing it, I thought the chorus was saying She was still with once, and so did my son singing it at the end of the phrase "a one-time thing" in a style that really made you smile all the time ... So this year's holiday title ...
I wish everyone a happy holiday and time again for those of us who went !!!!:)

**** Thanks Mars for creating this unit as it made a wish of mine!: bravo: Yeah well you know I'm the 'godfather' of the theme holiday guide .... So hurry up gentlemen to write your own impressions ....: sign:
Last edited:

animusbet

presenter
Staff member
10 Sep 2006
Re: SUMMER SUMMER 2011 ... FILA WITH YOU A FEAR FOR ..

Always such a Nikola. Apart from this summer when I stayed home, I usually go to a village near Astakos Aitoloakarnania. Lefkada is a half hour drive from there. I've been a day and a half and also once stayed 5 days. you said that on the beach of Mylos there is a high likelihood of seeing nudists (I was fortunate enough that half the boat arrived on the spot). I will not forget that at Syvota in Spyridoula I had eaten her larger, tastier and cheaper life My general memories are very nice and it helps a lot that you don't get on a boat to go.
Reactions: nicolas

JohniosBet

Infobeto Tipster
21 Apr 2010

A more complete guide was not made!

And I came from Lefkada a week ago. I think the strong point is the beaches as some have incredible waters : 8-O:. As for Thessaloniki 100% but the beaches of Halkidiki do not compete with them I think. Porto goat is just top, and Eggrenoi is also a top beach but to climb these stairs we had to walk ...

It is definitely a good choice for a holiday.

nicolas

28 IOL 2007

Always such a Nikola. Apart from this summer when I stayed home, I usually go to a village near Astakos Aitoloakarnania. Lefkada is a half hour drive from there. I've been a day and a half and also once stayed 5 days. you said that to Mylos beach there is a high chance of seeing nudists too (I was fortunate enough to have half the boat arrive on the spot).I will not forget that at Syvota in Spyridoula I had eaten the biggest, tasty and cheapest lobster macaroni of my life. Generally very nice memories and it helps a lot that you don't mess around with ships to go.
As I get off the boat, I find a nice place in front of it, I go to put the umbrella, and as I put it up I lift my head towards the back of the beach and I see some types of tsitsidis completely !!!! A lady passes by and says to me, "I don't think you can stay with your child" .... I look to your right for another cicada ....

Umbrella umbrella out and change of position ....

Small pots .....: twis:
Reactions: animusbet

nikitas

9 Nov 2005
WHERE PLAYS WITH YOU AND YOU

nice text but finally what to you liked it worse than I have ever been in my life, if you miss a couple of beaches our unhelpful help the little unhelpful help us again from the sea and nuts all changed a hassle.

observing the kiss.he kisses me still with a hanging stick;: twis:: twis:: twis:

SPYRIDON

IFC # 7 Champion 2010-11
21 Apr 2006
ATHENS

Lefkada I have been to 2 vacation times. The beaches were too busy. Porto Katsiki has voted among the 5 best beaches in Europe by foreigners.: sign:

SJim

16 Oct 2007
In my world

Yesterday I was in Lefkada on a one-day trip from Messolonghi where I am.

We went to the bathroom for a seat. Amazing beach with huge waves (due to the air though from what I learned the beach is known for its waves). Very nice bars-cafes for coffee drink and so on ......

Some food was sent to us by Giannis in Lygies for food ... Unfortunately I hadn't read Nikola's post in detail so we pressed it solemnly. : twis:: twis:: twis:: twis:: twis:. The food was messy (meat and fish). The plate is that we looked at the Xyras next door .... but finally we went and pressed it .....

anyway, i had many years to visit the island which is amazing. If you are not crazy about clubbing and other activities this is a must. Also, whatever beach I went to, even in the distant, you always had something 'good' to see ..... domestic and foreign : twis:: twis:: twis:: twis:

And next time, but away from John !!!!

nicolas

28 IOL 2007

Yesterday I was in Lefkada on a one-day trip from Messolonghi where I am.

We went to the bathroom for a seat. Amazing beach with huge waves (due to the air though from what I learned the beach is known for its waves). Very nice bars-cafes for coffee drink and so on ......

Some food was sent to us by Giannis in Lygies for food ... Unfortunately I hadn't read Nikola's post in detail so we pressed it solemnly. : twis:: twis:: twis:: twis:: twis:. The food was messy (meat and fish). The plate is that we looked at the Xyras next door .... but finally we went and pressed it .....

anyway, i had many years to visit the island which is amazing. If you are not crazy about clubbing and other activities this is a must. Also, whatever beach I went to, even in the distant, you always had something 'good' to see ..... domestic and foreign : twis:: twis:: twis:: twis:

And next time, but away from John !!!!
Where not to write it .....: emb:
Reactions: SJim

nicolas

28 IOL 2007

Those who have already gone through the details are kindly requested to write down their impressions along with useful information ....: npaper:: npaper:

mc The fact that I wrote a detailed analysis of my impressions does not mean that you guys all have to write them in detail !! I had free time and I had the time to write them ... Everyone in their own way ....

Come on out to pick a place for that time ....: bb:: bb:: bb:
Reactions: BetLaden

Ertzan

FENER AND AFTER DEATH
Staff member
10 Aug 2003
WHERE FENER IS

And I'm baking it for the holidays even though I'm just waiting and waiting for leave from 23 until August 29. So I get it done where I go to hell. Details when making the theme: eye:

venoss

14 Jan 2011

I was in Lefkada before 3 years. Very nice! Very good analysis Nicolas Bravo. she pulls back to leave and I got a ball and got out. any young man ??? who went ??? " : agis:

Today's Birthday

About us

• The infobeto community is considered a meeting point for gamers and people in the gambling market for consultations, advice, updates, information exchange, problem solving with companies, etc. We are proud to have the largest gaming forum in Greece and one of the world's largest and we work daily to keep the level of our community high.

Quick navigation

User menu

Follow us on Facebook

General Chat
Aid Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
    Kotakis: we are fooled by stoichiman. with the release of the article the troops of the liberated city disappeared in ...