2019 Oscars Predictions

gdouvl1984

Peter Griffin
Staff member
17 Ion 2012
3while
It may be too early for estimates, but there are already a lot of things to say (A star is born, for example, it will hardly get any less than 2 Oscar, like Roma). From here we can talk about some high returns that maybe as time passes down enough.

- If you remember last year in the Oscars, I said about the Saturday Night Live delivery. This tradition is that in recent years, one of the presenters has been scraping the statuette. Last year's tradition continued with Sam Rockwell:

This year Adam Demner has already released the popular show, which is why he will be nominated for BlacKKKlansman, but we still have no returns for the 2nd Men and Steve Karel (I do not think he would be nominated for Welcome to Marwen). As a performance but also as a chance, the presenter of the next episode is worth it Clar Phi for First Man (10.00)

- The last release of Out Out !, which is an independent and unique film that has earned the impression, this year seems to have its A quiet place and Hereditary. And if the first one will definitely play hard for a script and maybe a better movie, the second one keeps her creepy interpretation Tony Collett, which I believe will be rewarded with a nomination (28.00)

- George Lanthimos will play in many categories with The favorite, but a more secure nomination than all but a very good bet even for winning is Olivia Colman, who eats the scenes with her interpretation. (4.50)

- I was much more involved in the class of the First Wife, where I think the madness that has begun with Lady Gaga will sometime break. For men, it looks great on Bohemian rhapsody's performance, but I do not hear good words about the movie in general, so maybe we have a repeat of The Doors story of 1991, where Val Kilmer broke them but the movie was down of the average and dragged her protagonist. Certain nominations look like Bradley Cooper and Christian Bale, but Ryan Gosling is a favorite child of everyone in the academy, as did his director in First Man, Damian Sassel, while performing an American hero and the movie sounds good. Also, it is almost certain that he will make his passage again from Saturday Night Live for the third time ..... He pays 12.00

Answer: 2019 Oscars

The list of Oscar nominations
Best Movie:

"Black Panther"
"BlacKkKlansman"
"Bohemian Rhapsody"
"The Favorite"
"Green Book"
"Roma"
"A Star Is Born"
"Vice"

A Man role:
Christian Bale, "Vice"
Bradley Cooper, "A Star Is Born"
Willem Dafoe, "At Eternity's Gate"
Rami Malek, "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Viggo Mortensen, "Green Book"

A female role:
Yalitza Aparicio, "Roma"
Glenn Close, "The Wife"
Olivia Colman, "The Favorite"
Lady Gaga, "A Star Is Born"
Melissa McCarthy, "Can You Ever Forgive Me?"

B male role:
Mahershala Ali, "Green Book"
Adam Driver, "BlacKkKlansman"
Sam Elliott, "A Star Is Born"
Richard E. Grant, "Can You Ever Forgive Me?"
Sam Rockwell, "Vice"

Women's role:
Amy Adams, "Vice"
Marina de Tavira, "Rome"
Regina King, "If Beale Street Could Talk"
Emma Stone, "The Favorite"
Rachel Weisz, "The Favorite"

Direction:
Spike Lee, "BlacKkKlansman"
Pawel Pawlikowski, "Cold War"
Yorgos Lanthimos, "The Favorite"
Alfonso Cuarón, "Roma"
Adam McKay, "Vice"

Animation:

"Incredibles 2," Brad Bird
"Isle of Dogs," Wes Anderson
"Mirai," Mamoru Hosoda
"Ralph Breaks the Internet," Rich Moore, Phil Johnston
"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse," Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, Rodney Rothman

Short animations:
"Animal Behavior," Alison Snowden, David Fine
"Bao," Domee Shi
"Late Afternoon," Louise Bagnall
"One Small Step," Andrew Chesworth, Bobby Pontillas
"Weekends," Trevor Jimenez

Scenario prepared:
"The Ballad of Buster Scrugs," Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
"BlacKkKlansman," Charlie Wachtel, David Rabinowitz, Kevin Willmott, Spike Lee
"You Can Ever Forgive Me?", Nicole Holofcener and Jeff Whitty
"If Beale Street Could Talk," Barry Jenkins
"A Star Is Born," Eric Roth, Bradley Cooper, Will Fetters

Original scenario:
"The Favorite," Deborah Davis, Tony McNamara
"First Reformed," Paul Schrader
"Green Book," Nick Vallelong, Brian Currie, Peter Farrell
"Roma," Alfonso Cuarón
"Vice," Adam McKay

Photo:
"Cold War," Lukasz Zal
"The Favorite," Robbie Ryan
"Never Look Away"
"Roma," Alfonso Cuarón
"A Star Is Born," Matthew Libatique

Best Documentary:
"Free Solo," Jimmy Chin, Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi
"Hale County This Morning, This Evening," RaMell Ross
"Minding the Gap," Bing Liu
"Of Fathers and Sons," Talal Derki
"RBG," Betsy West, Julie Cohen

Best Short Documentary:
"Black Sheep," Ed Perkins
"End Game," Rob Epstein, Jeffrey Friedman
"Lifeboat," Skye Fitzgerald
"A Night at the Garden," Marshall Curry
"Period. End of Sentence, "Rayka Zehtabchi

Short length:
"Detention," Vincent Lambe
"Fauve," Jeremy Comte
"Marguerite," Marianne Farley
"Mother," Rodrigo Sorogoyen
"Skin," Guy Nattiv

Best Foreign Film:
"Capernaum" (Lebanon)
"Cold War" (Poland)
"Never Look Away" (Germany)
"Roma" (Mexico)
"Shoplifters" (Japan)

Montage:
"BlacKkKlansman," Barry Alexander Brown
"Bohemian Rhapsody," John Ottman
"Green Book," Patrick J. Don Vito
"The Favorite," Yorgos Mavropsaridis
"Vice," Hank Corwin

Sound:
"Black Panther," Benjamin A. Burtt, Steve Boeddeker
"Bohemian Rhapsody," John Warhurst
"First Man," Ai-Ling Lee, Mildred Iatrou Morgan
"A Quiet Place," Ethan Van der Ryn, Erik Aadahl
"Roma," Sergio Diaz, Skip Lievsay

Mix:
"Black Panther"
"Bohemian Rhapsody"
"First Man"
"Roma"
"A Star Is Born"

Production Manager:
"Black Panther," Hannah Beachler
"First Man," Nathan Crowley, Kathy Lucas
"The Favourite," Fiona Crombie, Alice Felton
"Mary Poppins Returns," John Myhre, Gordon Sim
"Roma," Eugenio Caballero, Bárbara Enriquez

Reactions: BetLaden and ALEX

From the basics I have not seen Vice and the Green Book, but my first appreciation is that Lanthimos will get the direction : Cool:

At some point I will make an analysis - I hope. As far as directing is concerned, my point is that because Roma will not get the Best Film Academy - because of Netflix and the Academy's squad - Quaron will be consoled somewhat with the Oscars of Director. I think it's a tortoise, and if surprised, it will be from Spike Lee.

Let's note that I have not seen any of the movies yet, but I think the most important thing about the Oscar prediction is not how good a movie or an interpretation is, but all the rest (dross, gossip, previous years, previous awards etc )

The day before yesterday I saw "Roma" and I wonder why it is a candidate for 10 Oscars !!!! Especially for a better movie ... not even! How much does he give not to take it? :)

I agree for the nomination of Director, First Female and Second Female. But I have not all seen to compare them

The day before yesterday I saw "Roma" and I wonder why it is a candidate for 10 Oscars !!!! Especially for a better movie ... not even! How much does he give not to take it? :)

I agree for the nomination of Director, First Female and Second Female. But I have not all seen to compare them

And I wonder Mars! That is, even in the direction of the film, I think that the Polish is better, let alone Lanthimos who has done dire work

Again I stress that I have not seen the movies, but only quotes, reviews, prizes and opinions of my friends who have seen them and I identify with their views almost always.

I understand that Roma is his most personal film - my favorite - Quaron. He writes the script and relies on his own personal memories by touching sensitive strings of too many people who grew up in the same period and under similar conditions, directs and directs almost perfectly the semi-famous and completely amateur actors (in several scenes normal people such as the scene of birth, which was noted, was shot at once) and he also took the photo, sculpting black and white fantastic pictures, as far as I can judge from the trailer. Perhaps he has not reached the levels of his photo - the impressive Gravity, the script, and the autobiography of the fancy - I want you and your mom or the masterly direction of the "child of men," but he has evidence of all these terrible previous movies to a significant extent.

I will not compare it with the rest of the films, everybody has her say in the eighth and of course we are talking about good movies. However, I think that if Roma were not a Netflix movie, they would have the big statuette in their pocket. But, I think that for this reason, he will lose the Best Film and Quaron will be happy with the Direction.

Does it deserve Lanthimos any more? Perhaps ... The shots I've seen from The Favourite are great and the performances of the protagonists (including the underestimated Hult) are terrible and guided, as Emma Stone said, exclusively from the Greek director. But I can not say that Favourite is wronged if he misses directing from Roma.

We've been ..

Reactions: BetLaden

Having seen most (of the basic) let me write some estimates-predictions:
Some options are one way but are not worthy of betting e.g. the Roma for photography and foreign language, the costumes in the Favorite and the song from A star is born. Fixed that Erdjan says : eye:
I continue to believe that the Roma are not worth all that they want to convince us to be worth. And I have spoken with 40a people who have seen it and are wondering as well, as Mars can say. However, the direction of Kouaron in the honor given to us is not discussed. 1,08 : surprise: I prefer 20 of Lanthimos or even 9,50 of Li.
Two stand-ups are in the 2nd roll, Ali in the Green Book (1,40) and King in the (if Beale St could talk) (1,55).
I think honor will also be given to Clown A Female (1.45), but it is probably worth taking a chance here at 5.50 in Colman for the favorite.
I think Bale is a big favorite and 2,15 is good. I do not think he is in danger from Malek, he is very good in his role and the other kid ...
to be continued

Let's start with the sure but low ones, which this year is very little. The following are definitely awards and it is not even worth the surprise.

-The Roma will get foreign language and photo (1,07 and 1,05 respectively)
-Shallow from A Star is born will get Oscar Song (1,05)
-The Vice with the terrible transformations of his protagonists will get Makeup (1,07).

From then on, in time, I will analyze my predictions for the other categories. I start with a huge data for favorites.

A MEN'S ROLE

I think it is very certain that I play a male role for Christian Beel who gives the huge 2,05. Maybe even going up, as Malek will reasonably get two more awards.
1) I exclude him William Defoe which is what we usually call complementary to the five. There could be others, like Washington's Blakkklansman. (@34,00)
2) I lock it out Bradley Cooper. Generally speaking, he directed better than he did. (@7,00)
3) I also exclude him Vigo Mortensen. I think Green Book is the most overrated film of the year. Very well made film, but with easily anti-racist meanings found in any Sunday midnight movie in Star. In addition, the co-scriptwriter of the film, Valellonga, who is also the son of the real person who plays Mortensen, is accused of racially supporting tweets in the Trab, while his relatives character Ali is describing him as an 'embellished lie'. All of this throws the chances of the movie in general. (@17,00)
4) O Rami Malek became Freddy Mercury and is playing for the prize, but fortunately or unfortunately that the film is made by Bryan Singer (after Wainstein and Spiece, Singer has the most jarring headlines in Hollywood's sexual harassment scandals), he misses the chances at the Academy (@2,50).
5) So we are left Christian Bail, which for another film is transformed (see what crazy things he has done in his career here https://www.oneman.gr/pop-code/t/cinema/listes/christian-bale-transformations.5415349.html) and is that best in a good and oscar movie. 2,05 is huge!

A MEN'S ROLE

I think it is very certain that I play a male role for Christian Beel who gives the huge 2,05. Maybe even going up, as Malek will reasonably get two more awards.
1) I exclude him William Defoe which is what we usually call complementary to the five. There could be others, like Washington's Blakkklansman. (@34,00)
2) I lock it out Bradley Cooper. Generally speaking, he directed better than he did. (@7,00)
3) I also exclude him Vigo Mortensen. I think Green Book is the most overrated film of the year. Very well made film, but with easily anti-racist meanings found in any Sunday midnight movie in Star. In addition, the co-scriptwriter of the film, Valellonga, who is also the son of the real person who plays Mortensen, is accused of racially supporting tweets in the Trab, while his relatives character Ali is describing him as an 'embellished lie'. All of this throws the chances of the movie in general. (@17,00)
4) O Rami Malek became Freddy Mercury and is playing for the prize, but fortunately or unfortunately that the film is made by Bryan Singer (after Wainstein and Spiece, Singer has the most jarring headlines in Hollywood's sexual harassment scandals), he misses the chances at the Academy (@2,50).
5) So we are left Christian Bail, which for another film is transformed (see what crazy things he has done in his career here https://www.oneman.gr/pop-code/t/cinema/listes/christian-bale-transformations.5415349.html) and is that best in a good and oscar movie. 2,05 is huge!

Yesterday, awards were given to the Actors Club, where Melek won. This modeled the Male-Beel set in 1,33-3,25. I think the young man will get the BAFTA and will open the split. I still believe in Beaulieu ..

Reactions: BetLaden and zorian

50766605_2211849282196281_2269404115832406016_n.jpg

Reactions: BetLaden

Oscars:

Nominations for Golden Blackberries they also came out and I think their returns are worth ... Donald Trump (@5,00) and Ink Cartridges (@7,50) or his / her counselor, Kelly Ann Conway (@4,50) for nominations for worse male and female role for Michael Moore's documentary, Fahreneit 11 / 9!
This documentary is somehow a continuation of the 9 Fahrenheit 11 / 2004, for which they had been nominated and awarded then the then Republican president George Bush Jr. (the worst first male), the then National Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld (worst b), the pair Bush-Condoleezza Rice (the worst pair on the screen) and the ... poor Brutney Sparks worst b 'female, because she appeared in 30 file shots to say we should trust our chairman.

So, given that the Democratic Hollywood does not miss an opportunity to tell her in any way to the bad Republicans, the above odds are worth believing. Definitely, however, I see Death of a Nation 1,40 for a worse remake for all the above reasons, as this film has been considered "right-wing propaganda".

Note: in stoiximan the Blackberries are combined with the Oscars. Useful ...

Predictions

• There are no football sports broadcasts today
  • 20:00
    Novasports Start
    • Zalgiris Kaunas - Armani Milano
  • 21:30
    Novasports 4HD
    • Bayern Munich - Barcelona
    Novasports 5HD
    • Baskonia - Anatolou Efes
    Novasports Prime
    • Partizan - Olympiacos
  • 22:00
    Novasports 2HD
    • Villeurbanne - Monaco
  • Tomorrow 29-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 01:05
    Novasports 4HD
    • Arizona - Clemson
  • 01:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • Atlanta Hawks - Boston Celtics
  • 01:35
    Novasports 5HD
    • San Diego St. - UCONN
  • 02:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • New Orleans Pelicans - Milwaukee Bucks
  • 04:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 19:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • Tomorrow 29-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
General Chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Did you see replay?
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Yes
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fenerbahce wanted to postpone the April 7 derby with Galatasaray for the Turkish Super Cup at the mercy of...Olympiakos, but its specific request was not accepted by the country's football federation.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) informed both clubs that
    this has to do with there being no alternative date due to the teams' busy schedule.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I was going to write it in the morning but it didn't come from the mobile phone. The non-religious, as was normal, said that they would not accept the postponement of the match. Our team applied for a postponement and from what I read, they said that the match should be held at the end of the championship, but the Federation, which has poured itself on it and still has to make the decision on the "penalties", did not accept it.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Fenerbahce is the team that collected the most points in Europe but they don't see it that way that's okay but god is great
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Does ANT1 show F1 on Sunday morning??
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I think only the plus will have it
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    oh shit...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    had an offer through PPC for 9 months free 1 month ago
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    yes I know....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    and filming is shown by Ant1, the free channel at 17:00
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    England - Brazil 0-0 at 36......Over 0,5 in the first half
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Performance
    the @31.0
  • M Forum Bot:
    User MrChow started a new topic called "Maurice Moss Tips" in the Football Predictions.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    PPC's offer for Antenna plus continues, I think, until April 14
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    A few days before the Fenerbahce meeting, the meeting that Hugh Dallas had with the referees and the talks about the Galatasara-Antalyaspor match came to the fore, where the VAR referee admits that he made a mistake in the penalty that the Galatasaray player took, where in fact he said that the player "dive" in the small contact he had that was not for a penalty. Our President also spoke about this phase where he said what was happening and the Federation found him a liar, nice things
  • S Forum Bot:
    User std157489 started a new topic called "Student Research on Retailing" in the Cafe.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Only Javelas could get a red card without playing...the kid is really stupid...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    he had gambled on it :p
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    I'm really wondering... because in every match he's nervous because he doesn't cut the line and start fishing....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fotis will nail it in a little while...
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    These things don't happen...
  • Ertzan Forum Bot:
    User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3/2024)" in the IFC Competition.
    Ertzan Forum Bot: User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3)"...