Jump to: navigation, search Panathinaikos Athletic ClubInformationYear of establishment1908Colors Green and white Titles493Presidents Football:
Vlasis Stathokostopoulos Coaches
Football: José Peñeiro
Basketball: Zelimir Obradovic
Volleyball: Mauro BerutuSeatFootball stadium Alexandra Avenue Stadium Basketball Court Olympic Closed (room 18.700) THE Panathinaikos Athletic Club (WHO or simply Panathinaikos) is the largest GreekSports Clubs. It is based on Athens, Greece and emblem green trefoil. Panathinaikos has 21 sports divisions. His teams and individual athletes have won a total of 493 officially recognized titles (since June 2007) at national and international level. It has sections to Soccer (founding 1908), Trackball (founding 1919), Volleyball (founding 1919), Basketball (founding 1922), Ping pong (founding 1924), Ποδηλασία (founding 1928), Κολύμβηση (founding 1930), Polo (founding 1930), Boxing (founding 1946), Καταδύσεις (founding 1947), Chess (founding 1959), Lifting weights (founding 1959), Fencing (founding 1960), Gymnastics (founding 1962), Water ski (founding 1963) and Fight (founding 1965). It is one of the largest sports clubs in Greece and internationally, based on the number of different sports clubs it holds. Today, three professional teams use the name Panathinaikos - the football team, PAE. Panathinaikos, basketball team, KAE Panathinaikos and volleyball team, TAPA .. Panathinaikos. These three groups operate independently. The club also has an amateur section whose chairman and board members are elected by members of the club. The current chairman is Thanasis Giannakopoulos. During his history the club has created teams in 24 different sports.
Founded by George Kalafatis This makes it a perfect choice for people with diabetes and for those who want to lose weight or follow a balanced diet. 1908 when he and other 40 athletes left Panhellenic Gymnastics Club because the latter refused to create a football department [pending referral].
So, initially, Panathinaikos had only the football section. His first name was POA. (Πbaseball Όspeak Αbeer) and the colors of the team were red and white. The 1909 it was renamed to POF. (Πanelian Πbaseball Όspeak), while 1918 was adopted as the official color green and as an official emblem the clover. The latter was designed by Georgios Chatzopoulos, chairman of National Gallery and a member of the club. Eventually, 1924 became the last name to PAO.
The anthem of Panathinaikos wrote Giorgos Oikonomidis and he melodies George Mouzakis. The first stadium of Panathinaikos (1908) was in Patission Street, where today Economical University. 1909 was transferred to a stadium near America's Square while 1922 was installed at its newly built historic stadium Alexandras Avenue, from which he retired 2005 to return it 2007.