The Vogue Athens Open starts on Saturday

jmarkog

Infobeto Tipster
30 Nov 2007
From here and there
The following excerpt is from http://www.tennisnews.gr:

Less than twenty-four hours remain for the start of the professional tennis tournament of the ITF series of 125.000 dollars, under the name "VOGUE Athens Open 2008", which will be held from 6 to 14/9 at the premises of the Athens Tennis Club. The matches of the qualifying phase will be held on the weekend, while on Monday (8/9) the matches of the main board will begin. The singles and doubles finals are scheduled for Sunday, September 14th.

For the first time after the Athens Olympic tennis tournament in 2004, Lena Daniilidou (No. 83 in the world rankings) will compete in Greece, while the following athletes from the Greek side will take part in the tournament, who will compete with a "Wild Card". (free participation card) on the main board: Anna Gerasimou (No. 230), Stamatia Fafaliou (No. 585), Irini Georgatou (No. 622) and Despina Papamichael (No. 1022).

Aphrodite Latinopoulou, Simona Syleouni, Eva Roussi, Asimina Kaplani will compete in the qualifiers.

Today in the Athens Tennis Club, the publisher of the magazine "VOGUE", Antonis Lymperis, the president of the Hellenic Tennis Federation, Spyros Zannias, the president of O.A. Athens, Pavlos Apostolidis, and the general manager of the tournament, Alexis Zitridis, gave a press conference with a joint request for the arrival of the people at the "VOGUE Athens Open 2008" and the development of the sport and its promotion in Greece by the Greek media.

The publisher of "VOGUE" magazine, Antonis Lymperis, was the first to speak, emphasizing, among other things: "Women now take turns. This is a big and strong tournament and I am happy for the participation of great athletes, who are in the top 100 of the world rankings, such as the French Severin Bremon, who has made it to the US Open, and the Romanian Sorana Kirstea, who will also be the No. 1 of the tournament. We hope that the people will come and see up close the strong names of tennis ", said among others Mr. Lymperis, who asked the representatives of the press for a greater promotion of the sport.

For his part, the president of the Hellenic Tennis Federation, Spyros Zannias, said, among other things: "It is a good opportunity for Greek tennis to emerge. It is a culture when there are organizers of this quality. Tennis is one of the first sports that embraced women and, where there is a woman, there is a culture. These championships create ethos and culture. We are waiting for the people to respond ".

Then, the president of O.A. took the floor. Athens, Pavlos Apostolidis, who stated among other things: "I am happy that for the second time the club will open its doors to the world that loves tennis. The level is now better than that of the Status Athens Open. The venues will be better and the stadiums are ready. "I hope one day we can make tennis attract thousands of spectators."

Finally, the general manager of the tournament, Alexis Zitridis, said, among other things: "Our effort continues. We hope people come and see high quality tennis. "We are ready and we promise a strong tournament."

Predictions

• 22:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 2 HD
    • Barcelona - Paris Saint-Germain
    COSMOTE SPORT 3 HD
    • Dortmund - Atletico Madrid
    COSMOTE SPORT 9 HD
    • Southampton - Preston
  • 22:15
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • Famalikao - Sporting Lisbon
  • 20:00
    Novasports Prime
    • Maccabi Tel Aviv - Baskonia
  • 21:00
    Novasports 5HD
    • Anatolou Efes - Virtus Bologna
  • 21:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • Bonn - Peristeri
  • Tomorrow 17-04-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 02:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • SoFi NBA Play-In Tournament
  • 04:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 05:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • SoFi NBA Play-In Tournament
  • 12:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP 500 2024
  • 14:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP 500 2024
  • 16:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP 500 2024
  • 18:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP 500 2024
  • 19:30
    Novasports 6HD
    • WTA 500 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix
General Chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    No Final Four in the final. Barcelona I have a good time you from the locker room IF you come so I'm final
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Olympiacos-Fener final and the repeat of the fixed final
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    you confused us...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    sit down i got confused too
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    We have Fener-Monaco and IF you come we have Fener-Panathinaikos
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Barcelona - Olympic and after with the winner Real - 8th team
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Olympiacos-Barcelona and then Olympiacos-Real eh?
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    The pairs of the playoffs Real Madrid - Maccabi or Baskonia or Virtus or Efes / Panathinaikos - Maccabi or Baskonia / Monaco - Fenerbahce / Barcelona -
    Olympic
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    So on Tuesday we have Bakabi - Baskonia in a single match....the winner plays with Panatha.....the loser will play with the winner of Efes - Virtus and the winner with Real Madrid....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    With the time Efes has won, they can win Virtus and whatever they lose in Maccabi - Baskonia and play against Real...
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Did I explain it well?
  • animusbet animusbet:
    There is no Efes team, because they beat Fener twice in a week, did we make them a team?
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Real don't lose to Efes unless Larkin does at home too then there is hope
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    and the other customer : smk1:
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    In the 5 matches, I believe that Real will pass..... just because they came first, they may not have as easy an opponent as would be normal
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    1900 matches and counting :p
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Liverpool I'm sure sent people and a lot of people bucket, points, handicap over everything everything
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Surely a lot of money would be lost in the live
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Our girls idled Villeneuve in the final 58-45 at the end of the first half
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    The English this matchday literally fucked people and little world 0-2 Aston Villa
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Shocking moments in Udinese - Roma, Evan Entika collapsed in the 72nd minute of the match.
    1f691.png
    He left on the stretcher, luckily the Roman stopper was conscious, while the game was stopped for good.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    that's why it was interrupted, I'll tell you what happened here
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    That's why I'm here...to inform about everything : bravo: : ROFLMAO: :p
  • B Forum Bot:
    User BraShaVa8888 started a new topic called "|_ Live _|" in the Football Predictions.
    Infobetakias Forum Bot: User Infobetakias started a new topic called "Triple introductory offer, with 1...