car purchase

kosdpthess

IFC # 3 Cup & Super Cup winner 2011-12
26 IOL 2010
Alexandroupolis
Guys, I've been looking for a car for some time now. I decided to start a thread here to get some opinions because I've been stunned by what I've seen and heard.

I will not mention for the beginning, what and how I have seen so far, I first want to hear from anyone who wants to hear their opinion, if they have an opinion with what is moving or even if a purchase was made recently.

The questions are the following that really bother you

- new or used?

- petrol or diesel?

- about what cubic? (depending on the fuel)

- if so, how much money is worth paying for used?

- which companies have a good name in small and medium cars?

- what should one avoid?

Of course we add anything else. Thanks in advance.

Answer: buying a car

The questions are the following that really bother you

- new or used?

- petrol or diesel?

- about what cubic? (depending on the fuel)

- if so, how much money is worth paying for used?

- which companies have a good name in small and medium cars?

- what should one avoid?

What budget will you have for the purchase? Do you have children and are you looking for something family-friendly and fairly safe, do you want a tool for work and daily use, or can you have something left over for outings, trips, etc.? Have you calculated petrol-traffic-tax-service-insurance etc. and what they cost will probably change upwards, since every cyber treasure is constantly bothering us?

You will find a lot of opportunities, especially in used ones. The more you go up in cubicles, the more used ones you find. In the small cubicles (up to 1300-1400), things are somewhat more specific, which is why the prices of used everything have stabilized and in fact, they are a bit stingy to a degree, since the market is still moving in these categories. Of course, there are opportunities there too, since several private individuals are killing them for many reasons (some may leave for abroad, others may have 2-3 etc).Also, apart from gasoline/diesel, gas also wears out a lot. The only issue with used cars is to have a mechanic of yours, whom you trust 1000%, to check the car.

I am looking for a small and medium one that is economical. He's still young, I'm not married, etc., you're right, I forgot to mention that.

I will use it every day to and from work and trips that I am used to plus some extra routes that I generally do during the week.

Let me also put a parameter since I might get a small car after the New Year.

If we go for used, up to how many kilometers and for what money could the used one be "good" for someone to get

Reactions: kosdpthess

look a little with the oil, what's going on with reference to the mechanical part..

Let me also put a parameter since I might get a small car after the New Year.

If we go for used, up to how many kilometers and for what money could the used one be "good" for someone to get

Depending on the years and the kilometers. If someone does 10-12.000 km a year, it's a normal number. If they do more, the car is probably more stressed. Of course, the mileage plays a role (otherwise it has to be almost all within the city, otherwise outside) and if the driver is a man or a woman, since women tend not to push them particularly. In money, I imagine up to 1300-1400 which are considered small, there are many more up to 4-5 thousand. In any case you enter car.gr, put in the filters everything you are looking for and do your research.

Reactions: Ertzan

I am looking for a small and medium one that is economical. He's still young, I'm not married, etc., you're right, I forgot to mention that.

I will use it every day to and from work and trips that I am used to plus some extra routes that I generally do during the week.

New was calculated from 10 thousand and above, in all basic editions. For used ones, we go to much lower prices.

A week ago I bought a Ford Focus 1600cc 2011 model (used obviously). I searched intensively for no two months. The truth is, I've blown the issue. Since I was scrap I can now do service normally.

I personally categorized all the cars on the market into two price tiers and then searched them one by one. In an excellaki I put reliability parameters from decra, warranty direct, adac + experiences from various forums. I then parameterized maintenance costs + consumption from various sites that quote factory specs + where I could and found actual measurements. And finally I put parameters related to performance, body features plus design (although I wasn't particularly concerned, but I wouldn't buy the Skoda Yeti with tpt though). The test naturally also included different versions of the same model. For example the Volvo S60 T3 150BHP uses less fuel and costs less than the T4 180BHP
And so I ended up rejecting hundreds of makes and models down to the Volvo S60 T3 for up to €13500 and the Ford Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT 125bhp for up to 10500. I ended up buying the latter.
The next big step after choosing the brand is finding a reliable mandra or privateer. There are too many cases of vagrancy. Turned kms, crashes that are promoted as unfit etc etc. From various forums I made a black list of the kennels that are used to making oils. Although from a point on you understand for yourself who the fraudsters are when the car looks like a star, the fewer km and at the same time they have also reduced the average market price. So I made a selection with 5-6 cars of the brand that interested me and called to see if they have genuine Service copies, if they accept inspection and TEST DRIVE necessarily. Not from me of course, as you are scraping, but from the engineer I will send. Then I made an agreement with Spotmechanic 100 euros / 3 cars who did the inspection. In both I was ahead and I was amused by the work they do. The check for each car lasted 2 hours and included a check of the structure, body work, mechanics, safety and even the operation of the radio. He told me exactly where the car was painted (there isn't a car in the paddock that doesn't have the fenders painted - makes sense), if it has any mechanical damage and cost, even tires how much life they still have so I can do an estimate if it is worth buying the car at this price. Fortunately what I checked was excellent and if you are interested in the Focus 1.6 150bhp and 125bhp I also have the inspection reports so you can pick up the car tomorrow. The cars are spotless.
As a final stage of control, I sent the chassis number to Ford Hellas to confirm that the copies are genuine (since there are also cases where the official dealership itself can make malkias) and with the license plate number I checked through an insurer that the car does not have a declaration accident.
I preferred a Greek dealership, regardless of whether it is leasing or not, and gasoline for many reasons that I can analyze in another post. I was interested in the mileage keeping up with the years (I estimated 15000-20000 / year).

Last edited:

If you buy petrol, you have to be careful where you buy it so you don't have a problem with the injectors and the sensors, because at some gas stations they put <mud> instead of fuel

My advice is to get a low displacement car (we live in Greece and every tax collector thinks of the traffic tax first) but with enough horsepower (overtaking uphills, active safety, etc.) and if it's used, it should be first hand.

A week ago I bought a Ford Focus 1600cc 2011 model (used obviously). I searched intensively for no two months. The truth is, I've blown the issue. Since I was scrap I can now do service normally.

I personally categorized all the cars on the market into two price tiers and then searched them one by one. In an excellaki I put reliability parameters from decra, warranty direct, adac + experiences from various forums. I then parameterized maintenance costs + consumption from various sites that quote factory specs + where I could and found actual measurements. And finally I put parameters related to performance, body features plus design (although I wasn't particularly concerned, but I wouldn't buy the Skoda Yeti with tpt though). The test naturally also included different versions of the same model. For example the Volvo S60 T3 150BHP uses less fuel and costs less than the T4 180BHP
And so I ended up rejecting hundreds of makes and models down to the Volvo S60 T3 for up to €13500 and the Ford Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT 125bhp for up to 10500. I ended up buying the latter.
The next big step after choosing the brand is finding a reliable mandra or privateer. There are too many cases of vagrancy. Turned kms, crashes that are promoted as unfit etc etc. From various forums I made a black list of the kennels that are used to making oils. Although from a point on you understand for yourself who the fraudsters are when the car looks like a star, the fewer km and at the same time they have also reduced the average market price. So I made a selection with 5-6 cars of the brand that interested me and called to see if they have genuine Service copies, if they accept inspection and TEST DRIVE necessarily. Not from me of course, as you are scraping, but from the engineer I will send. Then I made an agreement with Spotmechanic 100 euros / 3 cars who did the inspection. In both I was ahead and I was amused by the work they do. The check for each car lasted 2 hours and included a check of the structure, body work, mechanics, safety and even the operation of the radio. He told me exactly where the car was painted (there isn't a car in the paddock that doesn't have the fenders painted - makes sense), if it has any mechanical damage and cost, even tires how much life they still have so I can do an estimate if it is worth buying the car at this price. Fortunately what I checked was excellent and if you are interested in the Focus 1.6 150bhp and 125bhp I also have the inspection reports so you can pick up the car tomorrow. The cars are spotless.
As a final stage of control, I sent the chassis number to Ford Hellas to confirm that the copies are genuine (since there are also cases where the official dealership itself can make malkias) and with the license plate number I checked through an insurer that the car does not have a declaration accident.
I preferred a Greek dealership, regardless of whether it is leasing or not, and gasoline for many reasons that I can analyze in another post. I was interested in the mileage keeping up with the years (I estimated 15000-20000 / year).

Very good analysis

Fees for pre-2011 cars are related to engine displacement. From 2011 and after the first classification, they go according to the pollutants. (Unfortunately, the specific part and that it is related to taxation has proven to be liquid in recent years, with the result that there is no security and certainty if it will be maintained in the coming years).
Also, in the selection of the cubic units, attention should be paid to the presumptions (which are affected in combination with the age) and the additional taxes (which the cars of 2000cc and above have of course).
I consider that a five-year-old 1400cc-1600cc car meets the standards of an average consumer-taxpayer.

So let me write my experience so far.

first of all I look at small and medium class cars, i.e. not the citroen C1 but the C3, corsa, ibiza, yaris (the only micro), clio, i20 etc.

Initially, I started going to the dealerships and asking the new models how much they have in petrol and diesel and if they have any used ones with little wear (e.g. from leasing) that they can give at a reasonable price. I went to dealerships, renault, nissan, opel, hyundai, kia, pezzo, citroen and seat and I will also go to toyota. I'm thinking if it's worth going to fiat. I have almost rejected them due to many complaints from acquaintances who have the same and VW because I asked a few months ago and the money they are giving seemed crazy to me and I don't think it is worth going again.

Let me say that the dealerships, first of all, pass it on as half a click before you get a new one and sell them at a high price. Dld 10.000 kilometers and he gives it 500 euros below the new one... Also, they broke it for me because they didn't help you because they want to sell a new one (obviously), dld they pass you the 2-3 they have from a test drive and sell them for 1000 euro below the new one and for the rest you have to ask one by one if something catches your eye and they tell you "Oh yeah, I have that too...".

Also on the subject of gasoline or diesel, depending on what everyone wants to promote, he urges you. As far as new models are concerned, I will tell you some prices with medium equipment, not very simple but not full either. Citroen C3 14.000 petrol and 15.000 diesel although I also liked a very good version of the C1 which comes out at 11.600 but too big in size. I drive a 208 with a 1200cc petrol 14.000 and a 1600cc diesel (approx) 15.900. Opel corsa with petrol 1200cc 12.500 and diesel 1300cc 16.000 (with withdrawal!!). Nissan note in diesel (I don't remember cubics) with the lighter version 15.500, I just laughed and left. Seat ibiza with the very good and economical TSI 1000 cc engine, guys I drove this one and it's awesome 13.500 and with a 1400cc diesel 15.700. Huyndai i20 1100cc petrol 12.500 medium version and 1100cc diesel 13.600 with the very poor version.Finally renault clio, 1200cc 11.500 and diesel 1500cc 13.800 with a very decent version which is the simple one but it is night and day with all the other companies I saw. Based on the new ones, my opinion is that from an economic point of view, only the clio is worth a diesel based on its version, while there are generally opportunities for gasoline, but I think a turbo engine is worth it, not an atmospheric one.

From used I went to 4 stables quite reliable from what they say and in general the diesels were few and very expensive. E.g. 30 i2010 11.000, 2010 yaris at 10.500 and 2012 at 12.000. So far in diesel I have only seen a 2011 fiat punto with 7.000 which worries me and an i20 toy 2011 with 8.000. Gasolines are endless but I think that the new engines are very economical, i.e. is it better to pay 11.000-12.000 to get a new one that will burn and a little more than 5-6 thousand for one with an older engine that might not be economical plus the doubt of the used one.

On these I hear opinions, dear members of the forum.

P.S.: Opel Sinis in Thessaloniki, under Kosmos, unacceptable, i.e. we are talking about complete indifference, the seller would only answer if you asked him something, otherwise he would look at you and deal with other things. Opel to pass, I would never pass by them again, not even from the outside. Also, if you tell the seller, even if you don't mean it, that you'll pay braf, you're god : twis:

My opinion is, if you have between 4.000 and 10.000 euros, you should find a used 1,400 cc petrol car (neither gas nor diesel). The gas is indeed economical, but after a relatively few km it presents you with serious problems (head-valves, etc.). The diesels in use, most of them come from France and other countries, with more than 140.000 km, which means that a breakdown or a change in the PDF filter costs more than 1.200 euros + some cleaning of catalysts, etc. (the Bucket Hunter and the ALEX will know this).
Of the brands you mentioned, <<loyal>> cars are: i20, opel. the auris. Far from the French! The focus is also a good case, but even the KIA Ceed is a very worthy case and you will remember me! take a test drive...
If you browse the Car, know that everyone has overestimated the value of each of them by more than 15%, bargain... Even when you do this in the Car, block the dealers!!!
If I helped you with these ok. : sign:

My opinion is, if you have between 4.000 and 10.000 euros, you should find a used 1,400 cc petrol car (neither gas nor diesel). The gas is indeed economical, but after a relatively few km it presents you with serious problems (head-valves, etc.). The diesels in use, most of them come from France and other countries, with more than 140.000 km, which means that a breakdown or a change in the PDF filter costs more than 1.200 euros + some cleaning of catalysts, etc. (the Bucket Hunter and the ALEX will know this).
Of the brands you mentioned, <<loyal>> cars are: i20, opel. the auris. Far from the French! The focus is also a good case, but even the KIA Ceed is a very worthy case and you will remember me! take a test drive...
If you browse the Car, know that everyone has overestimated the value of each of them by more than 15%, bargain... Even when you do this in the Car, block the dealers!!!
If I helped you with these ok. : sign:

To begin with, the basic question, does it start with gasoline or diesel? I haven't figured that out yet. Based on what you say, 5-6 year old gasoline engines have low consumption? Personally, I drive the car every day without crazy kilometers of course. For example, until 2008, when I have an opinion, the consumptions were tragic in most models, except for the very small ones that had atmospheric engines and did not pull.

And you who are in favor of gasoline, despite the drop in their prices, would you prefer a used one? Of course, we're talking about a drop in prices in small cars after...

edit: does anyone have an opinion on the fiat puntos that are released with euro5 engines?

Last edited:

the petrol engines 5-6 years old, the consumption is at 5-7 l/100 combined, as for the diesels, if you get a new one, ok. but DO NOT take a transfer... My experience in these matters is more than 35 years!

Between new gas with 12.000 max and used with 7.000? I really like the new i20, but the package comes with 4 wheels, a steering wheel and doors and you are complete.

Also, do you know if the new ones with the naturally aspirated gas engines pull?

For Corsa before 11-12 petrol, I haven't heard good words from owners either. A thick jazz I would like if I could find to tell you the truth but there isn't...

edit: not on a used diesel even from a private person?

Reactions: okonski

For diesels, it is true that when they get damaged, they cost a lot. The mechanic I go to told me that. For gas, the system and its quality also play a role. Some French, Italian ones are ok, some Chinese ones that are on sale not so much. Also, I think someone can order a new gasoline engine with a gas system from the factory, but it will cost a bit more.

Anyway, since you have a budget of around 12 thousand to move, from what I understand, you can find a lot of opportunities in second-hand shops.

For diesels, it is true that when they get damaged, they cost a lot. The mechanic I go to told me that. For gas, the system and its quality also play a role. Some French, Italian ones are ok, some Chinese ones that are on sale not so much. Also, I think someone can order a new gasoline engine with a gas system from the factory, but it will cost a bit more.

Anyway, since you have a budget of around 12 thousand to move, from what I understand, you can find a lot of opportunities in second-hand shops.

personally the ideal would be to pay 7-8000 for a used one, just firstly I can't find a diesel for that money, at least worth it and also with the prices of new ones, I'm thinking if it's worth a small opening to go there, since that the engines are at good consumption levels.

new diesel only the i20 and the clio come close (and I don't know the ones I didn't ask), the rest are for brains the prices : twis:

Between new gas with 12.000 max and used with 7.000? I really like the new i20, but the package comes with 4 wheels, a steering wheel and doors and you are complete.

Also, do you know if the new ones with the naturally aspirated gas engines pull?

For Corsa before 11-12 petrol, I haven't heard good words from owners either. A thick jazz I would like if I could find to tell you the truth but there isn't...

edit: not on a used diesel even from a private person?

All gasoline engines << pull >>, unless you want to do races! Now for the diesel deals from private individuals, don't trust them too much, that's why you don't find them too often. The DEALERS catch up and take them. I know it very well, because I'm at work...
Find a used car from a private 5-8 year old, with the money you have available, but don't rush, search well until you decide. If I were in Athens I would help you find it together : sign:

I have a Honda Jazz from 2006. I have done 240.000 km and it doesn't take much. In the dealership book it says about 4.8lt/100km consumption but that doesn't matter, I have measured it between 5.8 and 6.3 depending on the route I take. So with such consumption it doesn't make sense to pay a lot more to get a diesel. If you can find it, it's just right for what you need and it's worth a five thousand. From there, Toyotas are quite reliable

Reactions: venoss

Predictions

• 17:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 1 HD
    • PAS Lamia - PAOK
  • 19:30
    Novasports Prime
    • Mars - Olympiacos
  • 20:00
    Novasports 2HD
    • Monaco - Lille
    Novasports 3HD
    • Lorient - Paris Saint Germain
  • 20:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 1 HD
    • AEK - Panathinaikos
  • 21:30
    Novasports Extra 2
    • Club Brugge - Genk
  • 21:30
    Novasports News
    • Anderlecht - Circle Brugge
  • 21:45
    Novasports Extra 1
    • Wolves - Bournemouth
  • 22:00
    Novasports 1HD
    • Ajax - Excelsior
    Novasports 2HD
    • Atalanta - Fiorentina
    Novasports 3HD
    • Marseille - Nis
    Novasports 5HD
    • Manchester City - Sheffield United
    Novasports Start
    • Crystal Palace - Newcastle
    Novasports Premier League
    • Everton - Liverpool
  • Tomorrow 25-04-2024
  • 03:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 8 HD
    • Independiente del Valle - Palmeiras
  • 16:00
    Star of Central Greece
    • Esperos Lamias - AE Psychikos
    Novasports 6HD
    • Monaco - Fenerbahce
    Novasports 4HD
    • Barcelona - Olympiacos
  • Tomorrow 25-04-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 02:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • Boston Celtics - Miami Heat
  • 03:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • NBA 2023-24
  • 04:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 12:00
    Novasports 6HD
    • WTA 1000 Mutua Madrid Open - Round of 128
  • 12:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • 15:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • 19:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
General Chat
Help Users
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Dzikou holds the defense
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    at the moment Fener is playing with 10 players
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Krunic even enters
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    if Olympiacos can and really scores its magic, if it loses it deserves its fate
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Now the coach of Fener "fucked" them but he tells you that Olympiacos is not coming so I can put them
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    as I wrote to a friend besides Batshuayi, I wouldn't change anyone and even if their legs had to be amputated, maybe instead of Bekao if he was injured I would put Bonucci for the penalties
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Krunic, Zaijc, Under, Caglar that useless there is put the incompetent
  • Water resistant Forum Bot:
    User Water resistant started a new topic called "is there an anonymous wallet?" in the Electronic wallets.
  • S Forum Bot:
    User ssk started a new topic called "Double bet" in the Football Predictions.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    What a crazy league this is...
  • K Forum Bot:
    User kandalf started a new topic called "Account management" in the Betting conversations.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Our kids have beaten the Italians, especially the 3-0, even Cristiano Ronaldo would be jealous
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    THE FIRST GREEK TEAM TO WIN A EUROPEAN TITLE IN FOOTBALL, OLYMPIAKS YOUNG PEOPLE : smk1:
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    First European trophy for Greece and the Panathinaikos U19 team in the Netherlands in 1980 ... then Barcelona and Ajax were eliminated !!!!
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    The tavern keeper said that if you don't go to the Final Four, he won't be in the team next year. Okay, we know how crazy he is, I hope you found out too. You lose the match, the players are worried, you throw them and you the ball "it's your fault" and load more pressure
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    PANATHA said:
    First European trophy for Greece and the Panathinaikos U19 team in the Netherlands in 1980 ... then Barcelona and Ajax were eliminated !!!!
    In the Milko cup? : paidi:
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    You probably didn't catch it well.. he said it to show his confidence in the team and how sure he is that he will pass Maccabi....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Ioannidis scoring today against AEK @3.80...excellent!!
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    He has good bunches for betbuilder but I don't touch
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Aris - Olympiacos 0-0 in the 27th minute....I think there will be a goal in the first half....Over 0,5 @1.80 and for greater risk
    the Over 1,5 @4.90!
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    normally it should already be 0-3
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    In Cyprus it says Karmiotissa Pano Polemidion - Othellos Athianou 6-6....... while in the 48th minute the score was 1-5.....
  • animusbet animusbet:
    Ercan hopes Ataman will leave to stop hurting him: twis:
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    What can the number tell us? I have seen coaches analyze phases that were made in the game mistakes and what should have been done with this number analyzed the phases that should have been given a foul.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    What did Olympiacos lose...
    PANATHA PANATHA: What did Olympiacos lose...