apple

Answer: no

I'll put it here too, anyone who wants/isn't bored/cares, give one apple info

it has the color of passion and is considered the most 'sinful' fruit, as it was the reason for the expulsion of the firstborn from paradise. In Greek mythology, apples tasted like honey and were thought to cure all ailments, while in American traditional medicine, the apple is characterized as the 'king of fruits'. It is indeed an excellent fruit with a variety of beneficial properties. Paraphrasing the popular saying: 'an apple a day goes a long way...

• the cholesterol
  • the pressure
  • hyperglycemia
  • heart diseases
  • the appetite
  • the cancer
  • the viruses...
...and consequently the doctor!'
Next, we will analyze the powerful 'package' of natural medicines of the apple, and its important effects on health.
Nutrient content percentages and health benefits
It is particularly nutritious, as it contains enough vegetable fibers (3-5g), vitamins (C), antioxidants and minerals very useful and beneficial for the human body. Calorically, it provides 65 kcal per 125 gr (piece), while it consists of 84% water. Many are the health benefits of eating apples, as it delays degenerative diseases and provides anti-aging, anti-anxiety, sedative and anti-pyretic protection.
More specifically, the flavonoids contained in high concentrations (mainly in the outer shell), are substances with strong antioxidant abilities that act in the blood and tissues (Exp Aging Res, 2007, Br J Nutr, 2007). According to recent research (Utrecht University, Aberdeen University) eating apples during pregnancy may benefit the child in the future, protecting him from asthma and other diseases, mainly due to the flavonoids they contain.
On the other hand, insoluble fiber helps the intestinal tract to function better, and according to studies, insoluble fiber contributes significantly to the prevention of colon cancer and the reduction of constipation. The polyphenols (Int J Cancer, 2008) contained in apples have a similar effect on other types of cancer, such as breast cancer. In laboratory animals, it appears that the caffeic or chlorogenic acid contained in it develops a strong anti-cancer effect.
As for soluble fiber, it seems to cause a reduction in cholesterol levels (and 'bad' LDL cholesterol) in the blood, mainly due to the increased excretion of bile salts but also the pectin it contains (J Oleo Sc, 2007). Recently, French scientists discovered that by eating 2-3 apples daily, cholesterol levels are reduced by up to 10%. For an as yet unknown reason, the reduction in cholesterol in women is greater than that seen in men.
6229.gif
Also, there is quercetin, which is a very powerful antioxidant, and appears to have protective properties against cardiovascular disease (J Arg Food Chem, 2004). It has also been observed that people who ate an apple daily reduced their chances of having a heart attack by 59% (MONICA Study).
According to research from the University of Massachusetts, 2-4 apples (or juice) daily protect against cellular damage (oxidative stress) that weakens memory over time and is associated with the onset of Alzheimer's disease or other types of dementia.
They also contain a substance - pectin - that affects glucose metabolism and helps maintain the desired blood sugar levels. In a possible hypoglycemic phase, an apple satisfies the desire for sweets and eliminates the weakness or dizziness caused by low glucose levels. In general, due to the low glycemic index of the apple, it does not cause a sharp rise in glucose levels, which is particularly important for maintaining the desired euglycemia. Prefer fresh apples, rather than juices, because they give a greater feeling of fullness. It has also been shown to help prevent cataracts in pre-diabetic patients.
It is worth noting that researchers from Yale University found that even if someone smells an apple it can reduce their blood pressure. Dr. Gary Schwartz, director of Yale University's Department of Psychology, reported that the aroma of apples has a calming effect on many people, as it tends to reduce stress.
Other research from Finland shows a link between regular apple consumption and a reduced risk of lung cancer. Initially there is an increase in respiratory capacity (reduction of chronic bronchitis, emphysema) and then a protective mesh against the risk of developing cancer. Especially for smokers, (as the most vulnerable group) it is recommended to eat apples abundantly and frequently.
Finally, the apple is an excellent natural cleaner (helps with hygiene and whitening) for the teeth if you eat it with the skin, and it also seems to have antiseptic properties (many viruses do not survive in apple juice). It may also prevent the appearance of gingivitis.
We understand therefore, that nature through its food, not only offers us the nutrients required for our survival but also generously gives us valuable active substances that protect our health.
Suggested way of consumption
The apple is an excellent fruit and one of the most beneficial. It is recommended to consume it whole, together with its skin, because the outer casing contains mainly the vegetable fibers.
Suggested purchase and maintenance
Buy what is small to normal size and only what you will consume immediately. They must look clean, solid, shiny. However, it is necessary to carefully wash them with plenty of water. Choose apples without obvious bumps and blemishes, with a clean smell. Prefer red apples as they are richer in antioxidants.

Take djroof's suitcase, just keep only the whiskey inside...

In Milos, I'll tell you one thing... every day, aim to go to 2 beaches in order to see half of them.
It is incredible that this island has so many but DIFFERENT beaches that on one you will think you are bathing in the moon (Sarakiniko) on the other in a pirate hideout (Kleftiko) or in a pool that nature made for you (Papafragkas) or in the desert (Elder) or in a painting (Firopotamos) .... Look and don't just look for one... you will lose!

Take djroof's suitcase, just keep only the whiskey inside...

In Milos, I'll tell you one thing... every day, aim to go to 2 beaches in order to see half of them.
It is incredible that this island has so many but DIFFERENT beaches that on one you will think you are taking a bath in the moon (Sarakiniko) on the other in a pirate hideout (Kleftiko) or in a swimming pool that nature made for you (Papafragkas). or in desert (Elder) or in a painting (Firopotamos) .... Look and don't just look for one... you will lose!

that's what I meant Zisi

Reactions: patrickdrd

I've been to Apple and I've had the best holidays of my life. Maybe because it was the first island I went to with my wife. When I find time I'll write you a couple of things. Anyway, if you don't know how to swim, go to ACHIVADOLIMNI.

I went to write you something too, but I read Ari's post and he wrote everything. Go for food and drinks relatively early in Plaka if I'm not mistaken. It has a nice view.....And there are also some bars near the port and as soon as you come out, there is also something to play with your ....baby.....

From the beaches, don't miss Tsigrado-Sarakiniko and the ....EOT beach in Vula......just kidding....

I've been to Apple and I've had the best holidays of my life. Maybe because it was the first island I went to with my wife. When I find time I'll write you a couple of things. Anyway, if you don't know how to swim, go to ACHIVADOLIMNI.

is this the shallow one? I read somewhere about an incredibly shallow place where the station never rises and for no reason, hahaha

Nikita's answer made me laugh for a quarter.....
It plays to be the highlight of the season

One of the best options in the Cyclades. However, definitely the most special beaches of almost all the islands. Relatively small but impressive. I totally agree that you can find many different elements, as benladen wrote. Of course, for me it is the ultimate couple island, and with a very light pace of fun. I had eaten terrible sweets in Plaka, and terrible fish in the area where the boat leaves for Kimolos (if I remember correctly, Apollonia).

You will have a great time, that's for sure!!
Take the boat (I think it's called Oniro) that we also took, it was 50 euros per person and you go around the island and it drops you off at several beaches! He makes you breakfast and lunch (seafood with spaghetti, country food, red wine) and ouzo appetizers...
He also gives you flip flops and a mask for exploring caves in Kleftiko...
At the end, you get the DVD of the entire excursion as a gift... It takes a maximum of 20 people while the other boats are cheaper (25 euros) but they put 50 people in and you will not be happy, because everyone stops wherever they want, there is no schedule..
Definitely worth a try…

Whatever help you want, tell me.. We are here...

I've already read a lot about this crazy island tour,
and because I'm generally not above island hopping,
I consider it a "commercial" bay as the boatmen called it,
while the client eats all day in the sun in the boat,
I had done something similar in the shipwreck (Zakynthos),
where when our umbalas had swelled with the tour of the island and there,
finally someone told us to go there by car (the nearest point etc.),
and you will take a boat from there, in 20 minutes you will be there
(much cheaper than island tours etc.),
I read the same thing about the apple, a boat, etc. that you take from the garden (it must be a village) and
you are going to fight, you thief and an old man, I think without such troubles

I've done a lot of island tours (almost all the islands I've been to)...but like what we did with the inflatable in Mylos, it was one of the best experiences of my and my wife's life. Tremendous speeds, crazy captain who took us on flippers (one behind the other) through caves where the sunbeams came out of nowhere and the water turned this color I'd only seen in movies - unfortunately I didn't know and didn't have submarines photographic but they have been imprinted in my mind for good. We reached such speeds that in some phases the inflatable took off and I thought we were flying (if you have a fear issue sit further back - we, with my wife first, were the first and felt the whole experience of "bouncing" )...There is no room for 20 people the inflatable and has individual seats... Because it is a bit extreme they are all young people around 25-35

Don't forget to eat chocolate pie with Donturma and shrimp pasta in the most central shop in the cobbled streets of Mylos (I don't remember what it's called - very good price...manor house I think that's what it's called...)

Because I am primarily interested in the sea and then in "life" on an island, Milos is the best I have seen in the Cyclades. Most of it has been told by the speakers, let me fill in what I remember...

- Thief you go ANYWHERE. By boat, by inflatable boat, by sailboat, by helicopter, by whatever you choose, but you MUST NOT MISS IT.
-You are not going to see all the beaches with nothing, so choose which ones you want to see. It is important when you start for some beaches to see the direction of the wind and to avoid going to the ones where the wind blows. I went cicrado with a wave and it was very rough, I went without wind and it was a dream! The same in Papafraga, where with wind there was an infinite amount of garbage (the ones left by the unwary on the smallest beach and washed away by the wave) and I didn't go down at all, while without wind I believe it will be a dream there too.
- if you like quiet things without crowds, one of the deserts I liked was Psaravolada. It is a bit difficult to access and is located next to Ag. Kyriaki.
-Good fish in general on the whole island, but Polonia (across from Kimolos) I think has the best fish taverns.
-if you're thinking about camping, you'd better do it....the only one is at Achivadolimni and the tents are reminiscent of a building block in the center of Athens...if you want to jump, there are 20 other tents...
- I was told that a car is necessary, but with a car you can do your work in comfort and it is more convenient as it has many dirt roads.
-suitable for couples, not suitable for backpackers and families with small children.

a very good place to eat huge portions at a very good price is Tarantella. This is definitely for the year 2001. It has an incredible view from below on a beach but I don't remember which one.

Now that everything has been said, in a completely friendly way I suggest you go to Tsigrado, one of the enviable beaches of Greece with its blue-green waters, scattered caves and pearlite that have been thrown so that there is more access to this beach (previously only climbing-descent with a rope), giving an additional green color to the waters, I think it's worth it.

Predictions

• There are no football sports broadcasts today
  • 20:00
    Novasports Start
    • Zalgiris Kaunas - Armani Milano
  • 21:30
    Novasports 4HD
    • Bayern Munich - Barcelona
    Novasports 5HD
    • Baskonia - Anatolou Efes
    Novasports Prime
    • Partizan - Olympiacos
  • 22:00
    Novasports 2HD
    • Villeurbanne - Monaco
  • Tomorrow 29-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 01:05
    Novasports 4HD
    • Arizona - Clemson
  • 01:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • Atlanta Hawks - Boston Celtics
  • 01:35
    Novasports 5HD
    • San Diego St. - UCONN
  • 02:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • New Orleans Pelicans - Milwaukee Bucks
  • 04:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 19:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • 21:00
    Novasports 6HD
    • Rybakina - Azarenka
  • Tomorrow 29-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • 02:30
    Novasports 6HD
    • Alexandrova - Collins
General Chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Did you see replay?
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Yes
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fenerbahce wanted to postpone the April 7 derby with Galatasaray for the Turkish Super Cup at the mercy of...Olympiakos, but its specific request was not accepted by the country's football federation.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) informed both clubs that
    this has to do with there being no alternative date due to the teams' busy schedule.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I was going to write it in the morning but it didn't come from the mobile phone. The non-religious, as was normal, said that they would not accept the postponement of the match. Our team applied for a postponement and from what I read, they said that the match should be held at the end of the championship, but the Federation, which has poured itself on it and still has to make the decision on the "penalties", did not accept it.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Fenerbahce is the team that collected the most points in Europe but they don't see it that way that's okay but god is great
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Does ANT1 show F1 on Sunday morning??
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I think only the plus will have it
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    oh shit...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    had an offer through PPC for 9 months free 1 month ago
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    yes I know....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    and filming is shown by Ant1, the free channel at 17:00
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    England - Brazil 0-0 at 36......Over 0,5 in the first half
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Performance
    the @31.0
  • M Forum Bot:
    User MrChow started a new topic called "Maurice Moss Tips" in the Football Predictions.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    PPC's offer for Antenna plus continues, I think, until April 14
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    A few days before the Fenerbahce meeting, the meeting that Hugh Dallas had with the referees and the talks about the Galatasara-Antalyaspor match came to the fore, where the VAR referee admits that he made a mistake in the penalty that the Galatasaray player took, where in fact he said that the player "dive" in the small contact he had that was not for a penalty. Our President also spoke about this phase where he said what was happening and the Federation found him a liar, nice things
  • S Forum Bot:
    User std157489 started a new topic called "Student Research on Retailing" in the Cafe.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Only Javelas could get a red card without playing...the kid is really stupid...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    he had gambled on it :p
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    I'm really wondering... because in every match he's nervous because he doesn't cut the line and start fishing....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fotis will nail it in a little while...
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    These things don't happen...
  • Ertzan Forum Bot:
    User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3/2024)" in the IFC Competition.
    Ertzan Forum Bot: User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3)"...