Baseball - Mastic's Picks 2012

Mastic

19 Feb 2009
Today I start a thread for MLB Baseball for the 2012 season.
The season has begun for a long time but I did not deal with other obligations.
I will try to be consistent in the thread. Now I do not know how often I will write write-ups as I did before but I will try.
Good Start to Everyone!

I start with:

LA Angels - Minnesota Twins
Pick: Minnesota Twins (Liriano) @ 2.56

Arizona Diamondbacks - St. Petersburg Louis Cardinals
Pick: St. Louis (Lynn) @ 1.84

Saunders (D-backs) has started 4 of his 5 games against the worst attacks in the National League. Washington, Pittsburgh, Miami & San Diego.
Lance Lynn is a good pitcher with good control of the game. He forces his opponents to many ground balls and does a lot of strikeouts. I think it has value today and I will prefer it.

Reactions: zorian
Answer: Baseball - Mastic's Picks 2012

I like your fan, Dear Mastic, I will follow, even without write ups.
But I'll be out of next week.
Good luck!

I like your fan, Dear Mastic, I will follow, even without write ups.
But I'll be out of next week.
Good luck!

: shock: Fan ???

Thanks for the kind words dude! Let's see if in the end you will still be a "fan"!
Baseball is a very unbalanced sport specifically for betting! As I have said before, even the best teams with a win have a win rate around 60-65%. How do we as players get out of the way?
It is very difficult but we try. Loose bets to keep our head quiet!

Today I start a thread for MLB Baseball for the 2012 season.
The season has begun for a long time but I did not deal with other obligations.
I will try to be consistent in the thread. Now I do not know how often I will write write-ups as I did before but I will try.
Good Start to Everyone!

I start with:

LA Angels - Minnesota Twins
Pick: Minnesota Twins (Liriano) @ 2.56 - Loss (8-3)

Arizona Diamondbacks - St. Petersburg Louis Cardinals
Pick: St. Louis (Lynn) @ 1.84 - Won (6-9)

Saunders (D-backs) has started 4 of his 5 games against the worst attacks in the National League. Washington, Pittsburgh, Miami & San Diego.
Lance Lynn is a good pitcher with good control of the game. He forces his opponents to many ground balls and does a lot of strikeouts. I think it has value today and I will prefer it.

We started with one victory and one defeat.
It was a risk to bet with the Twins but the Angels' Weaver was coming from "no hitter" against the same team in their previous match. Tradition was not with Weaver and I thought he would not do well again against the same team. Unfortunately I fell for the loser Liriano and the Twins sucks.

St. Louis saved the game.

MLB 2012 (WLP): 1-1-0

For today:

Cincinnati Reds - Washington Nationals
Pick: Cincinnati Reds @ 1.73

The Reds took Latos this year from San Diego to consistently cover a good and basic pitcher position in the team. It did not start well but it is constantly improving and seems to adapt more and more.

Latos (2-2, 4.93 era) made a terrific appearance in Pittsburgh making strike out 11 and allowing only 2 hits in the first 6 innings despite having a stomach upset!

Zimmerman is also good but I bet on the rise of Latos and that he has good preaching with the Nationals.

Arizona Diamondbacks - San Francisco Giants
Pick: San Francisco Giants @ 1.90

Matt Cain has made 40 strikeouts as soon as 7 walks into 45 innings. This is important because he will face the Dbacks who are first in the MLB in strikeouts with 262. The bad thing is that although he plays very well Cain has nothing to show about his work.
He has only one victory in six games that started even though he was glorious until the first 7 innings.
He is one of the best pitchers but he does not injure his record. I think it will change soon.
Trevor Cahill has 3.26 ERA but that's more than their successes off. Within he has started 2 times and has allowed 8 runs on 11 innings and has ERA 6.55 (in his home games). He has allowed 15 walks and just 23 strikeouts in 38 innings.
I think Cain is going to be right and it's a good chance tonight to start.

Los Angeles Dodgers - Colorado Rockies
Pick: LA Dodgers @ 1.78

The Rockies are struggling to score away. Nicasio (pitcher) is good but comes from a crazy appearance.
Colorado (13-18) has a m.o. 5.1 runs this year but only 3.2 on 13 away games. They have scored more than 4 runs in only two of these games.

Dodgers have batting average .333 and have scored 23 times by making a 3-1 in a range of 8 home games.
Harang (1-2, 5.24 era) comes from a very good performance in which he left 2 runs in 6 innings to the Cubs but was not helped by the relievers (bullpen - "substitute" pitchers who come in to finish the game when the key player is tired. starts and loses control of the game) and lost 4-3 in 11 innings. (I remind you the games have 9 innings but if they are a draw, they play as many innings as needed until one team wins.)

Reactions: tullamore

For today:

Cincinnati Reds - Washington Nationals
Pick: Cincinnati Reds @ 1.73 - Loss (1-2)

The Reds took Latos this year from San Diego to consistently cover a good and basic pitcher position in the team. It did not start well but it is constantly improving and seems to adapt more and more.

Latos (2-2, 4.93 era) made a terrific appearance in Pittsburgh making strike out 11 and allowing only 2 hits in the first 6 innings despite having a stomach upset!

Zimmerman is also good but I bet on the rise of Latos and that he has good preaching with the Nationals.

Arizona Diamondbacks - San Francisco Giants
Pick: San Francisco Giants @ 1.90 - Won (2-5)

Matt Cain has made 40 strikeouts as soon as 7 walks into 45 innings. This is important because he will face the Dbacks who are first in the MLB in strikeouts with 262. The bad thing is that although he plays very well Cain has nothing to show about his work.
He has only one victory in six games that started even though he was glorious until the first 7 innings.
He is one of the best pitchers but he does not injure his record. I think it will change soon.
Trevor Cahill has 3.26 ERA but that's more than their successes off. Within he has started 2 times and has allowed 8 runs on 11 innings and has ERA 6.55 (in his home games). He has allowed 15 walks and just 23 strikeouts in 38 innings.
I think Cain is going to be right and it's a good chance tonight to start.

Los Angeles Dodgers - Colorado Rockies
Pick: LA Dodgers @ 1.78 - Won (2-1)

The Rockies are struggling to score away. Nicasio (pitcher) is good but comes from a crazy appearance.
Colorado (13-18) has a m.o. 5.1 runs this year but only 3.2 on 13 away games. They have scored more than 4 runs in only two of these games.

Dodgers have batting average .333 and have scored 23 times by making a 3-1 in a range of 8 home games.
Harang (1-2, 5.24 era) comes from a very good performance in which he left 2 runs in 6 innings to the Cubs but was not helped by the relievers (bullpen - "substitute" pitchers who come in to finish the game when the key player is tired. starts and loses control of the game) and lost 4-3 in 11 innings. (I remind you the games have 9 innings but if they are a draw, they play as many innings as needed until one team wins.)

We did not go bad tonight. I close 3-0 but it does not matter. Cincinnati (Latos) allowed 5 hits from which 2 was homeruns!

MLB 2012 (WLP): 3-2-0

Washington Nationals @ Atlanta Braves
Pick: Washington @ 2.08

I do not have much time at my disposal because I will go out. However the Braves are very cold in batting last. Cigars in a few words. Nats are good this year and are also good against Beachy being good with .314 batting average.
Gonzalez has won 4 X Games and has made 6 victories this year. It has ERA 1.98 and WHIP 0.99. He is a hot pitcher and the Braves are in a bad state having lost 6 games.

Colorado Rockies @ Cincinnati Reds
Pick: Reds -1.5 @ 2.10

The Rockies are also a sly team without a good pitcher. Moyer is big and the Reds have gone to the top of NL Central.
O Latos is a reliable pitcher and have won 4 since the last races he started. I prefer Latos in relation to Moeyer.

Washington Nationals @ Atlanta Braves
Pick: Washington @ 2.08 - Won (7-2)

I do not have much time at my disposal because I will go out. However the Braves are very cold in batting last. Cigars in a few words. Nats are good this year and are also good against Beachy being good with .314 batting average.
Gonzalez has won 4 X Games and has made 6 victories this year. It has ERA 1.98 and WHIP 0.99. He is a hot pitcher and the Braves are in a bad state having lost 6 games.

Colorado Rockies @ Cincinnati Reds
Pick: Reds -1.5 @ 2.10 - Won (5-7)

The Rockies are also a sly team without a good pitcher. Moyer is big and the Reds have gone to the top of NL Central.
O Latos is a reliable pitcher and have won 4 since the last races he started. I prefer Latos in relation to Moeyer.

We enjoyed yesterday with very good returns.

MLB 2012 (WLP): 5-2-0

Seattle Mariners @ Chicago White Sox
Pick: Chicago White Sox @ 1.56

I do not think I have ever played a game with such a low performance but I stamped it and then saw the performance. But after I started I said I would not go back.
Pitchers - Millwood (Seattle), Sale (Chicago)

Seattle Mariners @ Chicago White Sox
Pick: Chicago White Sox @ 1.56 - Won (2-4)

I do not think I have ever played a game with such a low performance but I stamped it and then saw the performance. But after I started I said I would not go back.
Pitchers - Millwood (Seattle), Sale (Chicago)

The White Sox turned from 2-0 and prevailed comfortably.

MLB 2012 (WLP): 6-2-0

Today I come back with 2 options.

Toronto Blue Jays @ Chicago White Sox
Pick: Chicago White Sox @ 1.91

Blue Jays have the biggest number of defeats in away games this year. With Chicago it will probably continue. The Sox are very good this year and will want to give 6 a defeat.
The Toronto Blue Jays are trying to end their longest road losing streak of the season.

The White Sox (31-23) is hot and blows .290 with m.o. 6.8 runs by winning 14 from 16 and is the first in the American League Central.
Edwin Encarnacion will probably not play for the Jays because he ate it in his hand on Sunday against the Red Sox. Incarnacion is first on the Jays with 17 home runs & 43 RBIs.

Sox pitcher Philip Humber (2-2, 5.37 ERA) had a "perfect game" earlier this year and I think he's having a great year. I will trust him against the deformed Blue Jays who will probably be without their star.

Pittsburgh Pirates @ Cincinnati Reds
Pick: Pirates @ 2.40

The Pirates are second to the National League Central with a record of 27-26 and just 3 games behind the Reds. I think the Pirates will improve on hitting that although it is not good the team is doing well. When this is done they will go ahead.
AJ Burnett is doing well and often (58%) forces the batters to "ground balls". Something that helps the defenders to take outs easily.
Anyway, do not polish these for today.

Today I come back with 2 options.

Toronto Blue Jays @ Chicago White Sox
Pick: Chicago White Sox @ 1.91 - Loss (9-5)

Blue Jays have the biggest number of defeats in away games this year. With Chicago it will probably continue. The Sox are very good this year and will want to give 6 a defeat.
The Toronto Blue Jays are trying to end their longest road losing streak of the season.

The White Sox (31-23) is hot and blows .290 with m.o. 6.8 runs by winning 14 from 16 and is the first in the American League Central.
Edwin Encarnacion will probably not play for the Jays because he ate it in his hand on Sunday against the Red Sox. Incarnacion is first on the Jays with 17 home runs & 43 RBIs.

Sox pitcher Philip Humber (2-2, 5.37 ERA) had a "perfect game" earlier this year and I think he's having a great year. I will trust him against the deformed Blue Jays who will probably be without their star.

Pittsburgh Pirates @ Cincinnati Reds
Pick: Pirates @ 2.40 - Won (8-4)

The Pirates are second to the National League Central with a record of 27-26 and just 3 games behind the Reds. I think the Pirates will improve on hitting that although it is not good the team is doing well. When this is done they will go ahead.
AJ Burnett is doing well and often (58%) forces the batters to "ground balls". Something that helps the defenders to take outs easily.
Anyway, do not polish these for today.

My beloved White Sox broke me yesterday. Does not matter. Pirates paid with 2.40! No complaints. : Cool:

MLB 2012 (WLP): 7-3-0

Reactions: ALEX

Predictions

• 14:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 1 HD
    • Bristol City - Leicester
  • 17:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 2 HD
    • Wrexham - Mansfield
    COSMOTE SPORT 3 HD
    • Norwich - Plymouth
  • 19:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 1 HD
    • Blackburn - Ipswich
  • 20:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 8 HD
    • Benfica - Saves
  • 21:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • Al Etifaq - Al Ahly
  • 21:30
    Novasports Start
    • Burgos - Espanyol
  • 22:00
    Novasports 1HD
    • Cadiz - Granada
    Novasports 2HD
    • Lille - Lance
    COSMOTE SPORT 3 HD
    • Watford - Leeds
  • 22:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 8 HD
    • Estrella - Sporting Lisbon
  • 20:00
    Novasports Start
    • Zalgiris Kaunas - Armani Milano
    Novasports 4HD
    • Bayern Munich - Barcelona
    Novasports 5HD
    • Baskonia - Anatolou Efes
    Novasports Prime
    • Partizan - Olympiacos
    Novasports 2HD
    • Villeurbanne - Monaco
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 01:05
    Novasports 4HD
    • Arizona - Clemson
  • 01:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • Atlanta Hawks - Boston Celtics
  • 01:35
    Novasports 5HD
    • San Diego St. - UCONN
  • 02:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • New Orleans Pelicans - Milwaukee Bucks
  • 04:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 19:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • Bursaspor - Tofas
  • 19:45
    Novasports 5HD
    • Fenerbahce - Alba Berlin
  • 19:45
    Novasports 6HD
    • Besiktas - Burg
  • 20:55
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • NBA Action 2023-24 E3323
    Novasports 3HD
    • London Lions - Paris
    Novasports 4HD
    • Real Madrid - Red Star
    Novasports Prime
    • Virtus Bologna - Panathinaikos AKTOR
  • Tomorrow 30-03-2024
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • Indiana Pacers - Los Angeles Lakers
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 01:05
    • NC State - Marquette
  • 01:35
    Novasports 5HD
    • Gonzaga - Purdue
  • 02:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • San Antonio Spurs - New York Knicks
  • 04:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 19:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
    Novasports 6HD
    • Rybakina - Azarenka
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • 02:30
    Novasports 6HD
    • Alexandrova - Collins
  • 07:15
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • WRC 2024
  • 08:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • WRC 2024
  • 09:25
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • WRC 2024
  • 16:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 9 HD
    • Premier Padel Tour 2024
    ERT3
    • Panathinaikos - Milos
  • 18:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 9 HD
    • Premier Padel Tour 2024
  • 20:15
    ERT3
    • Olympiacos - PAOK
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • Tomorrow 30-03-2024
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
General Chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Did you see replay?
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Yes
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fenerbahce wanted to postpone the April 7 derby with Galatasaray for the Turkish Super Cup at the mercy of...Olympiakos, but its specific request was not accepted by the country's football federation.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) informed both clubs that
    this has to do with there being no alternative date due to the teams' busy schedule.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I was going to write it in the morning but it didn't come from the mobile phone. The non-religious, as was normal, said that they would not accept the postponement of the match. Our team applied for a postponement and from what I read, they said that the match should be held at the end of the championship, but the Federation, which has poured itself on it and still has to make the decision on the "penalties", did not accept it.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Fenerbahce is the team that collected the most points in Europe but they don't see it that way that's okay but god is great
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Does ANT1 show F1 on Sunday morning??
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I think only the plus will have it
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    oh shit...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    had an offer through PPC for 9 months free 1 month ago
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    yes I know....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    and filming is shown by Ant1, the free channel at 17:00
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    England - Brazil 0-0 at 36......Over 0,5 in the first half
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Performance
    the @31.0
  • M Forum Bot:
    User MrChow started a new topic called "Maurice Moss Tips" in the Football Predictions.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    PPC's offer for Antenna plus continues, I think, until April 14
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    A few days before the Fenerbahce meeting, the meeting that Hugh Dallas had with the referees and the talks about the Galatasara-Antalyaspor match came to the fore, where the VAR referee admits that he made a mistake in the penalty that the Galatasaray player took, where in fact he said that the player "dive" in the small contact he had that was not for a penalty. Our President also spoke about this phase where he said what was happening and the Federation found him a liar, nice things
  • S Forum Bot:
    User std157489 started a new topic called "Student Research on Retailing" in the Cafe.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Only Javelas could get a red card without playing...the kid is really stupid...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    he had gambled on it :p
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    I'm really wondering... because in every match he's nervous because he doesn't cut the line and start fishing....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fotis will nail it in a little while...
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    These things don't happen...
  • Ertzan Forum Bot:
    User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3/2024)" in the IFC Competition.
    Ertzan Forum Bot: User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3)"...