EUROLEAGUE 2021-22: First thoughts before the marathon

Pragias

19 Sep 2019
A few days before the start of the euroleague we will try to put things in order to see what we have to do with this year.

What impressed me at first glance are the big changes that most teams made to the rosters. Only 6 of the 18 kept the same body and made 3-4 transfers while as many others formed a team from the beginning.

Favorite for 4 teams

I will start with the champion Ef who continued last year's successful recipe by keeping the same trunk adding only 3 players. Misic was lucky to stay after he closed his ears to the sirens of the NBA and we as we will be happy for another year. He lost the precious Sanli last year but took the promising Petrushev and filled the gap.

Η TS.S.KA covered the madness of James with that of Svend and added Grigonis who was excellent last year with Zalgiris. Together with Hackett and Ludberg, they create a region that lacks neither talent nor toughness.

Η Barcelona made 4 promising transfers (Sunley, Hayes, Laprovitola, Yokubaitis) and became even more complete and better prepared to lift the cup. Of the players who left, only Hanga may be missing as the others who greeted had limited participation.

These 3 in my opinion are definitely in the top 4 with Real having the most chances to close the frame.

Possible teams to complete the 8 and the rest

From there and below to complete the 8th, the enhanced Fener with Polonara, Henry, Booker, h Armani of Mitoglou and Meli, the Zenit which covered the losses of Pangos, Thomas, Hollins with dignity with Lloyd, Napier, and Mickey is expected to be very competitive again. One position remains even the Olympic has the ability to be in it although a great battle is expected as the new ones Unics and Monaco have made some impressive additions stating that they came to play their role that will not be that of the accomplice. Question marks Maccabi, Bayern, Basconia after changing almost their entire roster.

Villeurbanne, Alba, Zalgiris, Er. Asteras are expected to play a minor role.

Greek teams

I left the Greek teams for the end to give a more detailed approach.

Olympic

First the Olympic who kept last year's main body and tried to fill any gaps in some positions such as that of the center who spent most of the year with Martin and Jean Charles who played there necessarily. The position was filled with the huge M. Fal 2.18 although in the matches so far coach Bartzokas does not seem to use him enough. However, in such a big league as the Euroleague, there will definitely be nights that will be very useful. Wookup, Dorsey and Lountzis came to fill the gaps of Spanoulis (this is also a question mark as Vassilis kept the balance in the locker room) Jackins and Harrison who last year went almost unnoticed in most matches. There are the constants of Slouka, Vezenkov, Mak Kisik, Printezis and if they are good and Pap, Olympiakos definitely has serious aspirations for 8th.

Panathinaikos

Ο Panathinaikos tried to keep the Greek torso and succeeded to a large extent as the leader Papapetrou, Papagiannis, Kaselakis and Bohoridis remained. He did not succeed with Mitoglou but we do not always have them the way we want, while Hezonia's departure is also strange, with many different things being heard. These 2 failures have left room (financial) for another quality addition to the ace. 5 young Americans who in my opinion are better than those who left while there are also Sand Ross and Nedovic. Especially the second, if he overcomes the injury problems that plague him quite often, can raise the level of Panathinaikos. In the matches that I watched the Panathinaikos team, the problem with the ace remains, although it is not as visible as last year. A quality addition to the ace will loosen the hands of Priftis as Mackon will not have to go down to the ace even though he knows the position quite well. The good news for Panathinaikos is the improvement compared to last year in the defensive part that can really help the team get more victories and at the same time more confidence. Let's not forget the return of the people to the OAKA indoor stadium which will give 2-3 additional victories to Panathinaikos on its own. With one more quality ace, the team will fight until the end and steal some place in the 8th. Without him 10-12.

Last edited by administrator:
If the traitor Kokoskov did not leave this year, we would definitely be in the Final Four. He made the team the way he wanted but he betrayed us and he did it. Now with Djordjevic I do not know I bet on the players mainly

Reactions: Pragias
After Thursday's matches, I wrote a big post, but I left it in the middle due to obligations and now I just write my opinion in a nutshell, which was confirmed with today's defeat by Aris.

PAO will finish in the last 3 places. And I say at 3, not to mention the last one that will be most likely, because the headquarters might give him some victories

OSFP, on the other hand, is a close-knit team with the core remaining the same and has covered almost all the key gaps with very good additions.
The only negative I see is that when Vezenkov plays 4th, he may have an issue with tall and strong teams. My opinion is that if he does not have some (and I do not say many because he does not have terrible depth) and serious injuries, the 8th is certain, with a more probable ranking of 3-6 ..

Predictions

• There are no football sports broadcasts today
  • 20:00
    Novasports Start
    • Zalgiris Kaunas - Armani Milano
  • 21:30
    Novasports 4HD
    • Bayern Munich - Barcelona
    Novasports 5HD
    • Baskonia - Anatolou Efes
    Novasports Prime
    • Partizan - Olympiacos
  • 22:00
    Novasports 2HD
    • Villeurbanne - Monaco
  • Tomorrow 29-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 01:05
    Novasports 4HD
    • Arizona - Clemson
  • 01:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • Atlanta Hawks - Boston Celtics
  • 01:35
    Novasports 5HD
    • San Diego St. - UCONN
  • 02:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • New Orleans Pelicans - Milwaukee Bucks
  • 04:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 19:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • Tomorrow 29-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
General Chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Did you see replay?
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Yes
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fenerbahce wanted to postpone the April 7 derby with Galatasaray for the Turkish Super Cup at the mercy of...Olympiakos, but its specific request was not accepted by the country's football federation.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) informed both clubs that
    this has to do with there being no alternative date due to the teams' busy schedule.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I was going to write it in the morning but it didn't come from the mobile phone. The non-religious, as was normal, said that they would not accept the postponement of the match. Our team applied for a postponement and from what I read, they said that the match should be held at the end of the championship, but the Federation, which has poured itself on it and still has to make the decision on the "penalties", did not accept it.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Fenerbahce is the team that collected the most points in Europe but they don't see it that way that's okay but god is great
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Does ANT1 show F1 on Sunday morning??
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I think only the plus will have it
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    oh shit...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    had an offer through PPC for 9 months free 1 month ago
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    yes I know....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    and filming is shown by Ant1, the free channel at 17:00
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    England - Brazil 0-0 at 36......Over 0,5 in the first half
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Performance
    the @31.0
  • M Forum Bot:
    User MrChow started a new topic called "Maurice Moss Tips" in the Football Predictions.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    PPC's offer for Antenna plus continues, I think, until April 14
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    A few days before the Fenerbahce meeting, the meeting that Hugh Dallas had with the referees and the talks about the Galatasara-Antalyaspor match came to the fore, where the VAR referee admits that he made a mistake in the penalty that the Galatasaray player took, where in fact he said that the player "dive" in the small contact he had that was not for a penalty. Our President also spoke about this phase where he said what was happening and the Federation found him a liar, nice things
  • S Forum Bot:
    User std157489 started a new topic called "Student Research on Retailing" in the Cafe.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Only Javelas could get a red card without playing...the kid is really stupid...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    he had gambled on it :p
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    I'm really wondering... because in every match he's nervous because he doesn't cut the line and start fishing....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fotis will nail it in a little while...
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    These things don't happen...
  • Ertzan Forum Bot:
    User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3/2024)" in the IFC Competition.
    Ertzan Forum Bot: User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3)"...