Goodbye Windows 10, welcome Linux

McLaren17

IFC # 9 Cup Winner 2017-18
Staff member
21 Mar 2003
After many years I decided to leave Windows completely and now run only Linux.

Reason stood this over here I'd like to take a moment and say "f@ck windows update".
I can say after the era of Windows XP the most honest version by far is Windows 7.

As for Windows 10 and 8, I'm tired of having all these chronic problems with updates and using the Recovery Partition, which I have as a last resort.
I was so alienated with Windows that I kept nothing of 350GB of hardware.
I could disable Windows Update but I did not.

And now I'm happy to use CentOS 7
snapshot2.jpg

Apart from the Centos I use there are other distributions that I recommend for anyone interested such as Ubuntu, Linux Mint and for those who have a slow / old Lubuntu machine.

Answer: Goodbye Windows 10, welcome Linux

You are doing well, but I am impressed by the many problems you say with the 10 amps ...

I have them since the first day of release on two Laptops as well as at work as well as on my mobile. I can say that this is the first time I see the little soft one doing a serious job for a single platform!
And not only that, in the last update it gives the possibility, after cooperation with canonical (linux) to have a linux bash shell and in fact native in windows !!!

In general, the micro-soft has sealed them with the mobiles in the hardware special part but it is no coincidence that more and more companies (hp, lenovo, alcatel etc.) are preparing to display high end devices with this operating system. Maybe because it enables a single platform that in the future will especially "play" this game a lot.

On the other hand, a fan of Ubuntu - Lubuntu for years, I will suggest you to go to LTS distributions as much as you can because in recent years something is probably not going well there and it is constantly in releases of new distributions that some have several problems ... ..

these by me : twis:

The choice of this particular distro was made for one reason only.
It is a free version of Red Hat and for me that alone is enough.

I used to use OpenSuse very good and stable.

Good morning guys. How do you choose which Linux to put ??

Personally, I have used a computer with Linux but I have never had it on my personal computer at home or on a laptop. I'm just thinking about it lately, because the home computer is old, so it has limited capabilities. The 7s I have are not that lighter than I have noticed. I was told that the 10 is lighter, I put them on and had a compatibility issue with the graphics card, I could not solve it and reset the 7.

Will they help me for what I want? Dld to "reset" my computer? In fact, I only use it for internet, for office and for football manager.

if you put linux in parts you forget games unless you use wine.
if it is old I would suggest Lubuntu will go plug

I also came up with a search on ubuntu, because for some beginner I saw that it has very strong Greek support with forums, etc. Maybe I will go through it today.

I do not care about games, I only play as a manager and from what I saw it also runs on Linux.

I saw lubuntu, but ok the computer is not soooooo old. From what I saw from the requirements of ubuntu I will be happy in terms of performance.

Good morning guys. How do you choose which Linux to put ??

Personally, I have used a computer with Linux but I have never had it on my personal computer at home or on a laptop. I'm just thinking about it lately, because the home computer is old, so it has limited capabilities. The 7s I have are not that lighter than I have noticed. I was told that the 10 is lighter, I put them on and had a compatibility issue with the graphics card, I could not solve it and reset the 7.

Will they help me for what I want? Dld to "reset" my computer? In fact, I only use it for internet, for office and for football manager.

16.04 LTS you will go .... You have no reason to put 14.04 and then upgrade especially when you are new to this environment.

now, for the rest, wherever you get stuck, you go to the Greek or English (official) forum. 99% you will find a solution to your problem.

However, if the 7-inch engine was straining, then maybe you should look at Lubuntu (same version). Unless ..... the motorbike was under pressure because you were loading Arta and Ioannina : twis:: twis:: twis:

Finally, by far the best value for money upgrade is an SSD. even if you suffer from memory and it is old and expensive, the SSD will help you in this too !!! And if you wonder, the explanation is simple: you upload the page file which is the memory on the disk, but because it is an SSD it is a sphere !!! I tell you from experience, we upgraded some old motorcycles with 2GB memory, we put SSD and Lubuntu in them and they just fly!
note: when playing with SSD there should always be at least a 30% free. Otherwise it starts to have performance issues.

These and good luck whatever you choose to do : beers1:

16.04 LTS you will go .... You have no reason to put 14.04 and then upgrade especially when you are new to this environment.

now, for the rest, wherever you get stuck, you go to the Greek or English (official) forum. 99% you will find a solution to your problem.

However, if the 7-inch engine was straining, then maybe you should look at Lubuntu (same version). Unless ..... the motorbike was under pressure because you were loading Arta and Ioannina : twis:: twis:: twis:

Finally, by far the best value for money upgrade is an SSD. even if you suffer from memory and it is old and expensive, the SSD will help you in this too !!! And if you wonder, the explanation is simple: you upload the page file which is the memory on the disk, but because it is an SSD it is a sphere !!! I tell you from experience, we upgraded some old motorcycles with 2GB memory, we put SSD and Lubuntu in them and they just fly!
note: when playing with SSD there should always be at least a 30% free. Otherwise it starts to have performance issues.

These and good luck whatever you choose to do : beers1:

now that's done is done.

because the hard one was full of rubbish (last format, about 4 years ago), I saved what I wanted and gave it all a go.

i put the latest ubuntu, i always wanted to try linux, but something the partial ignorance about software and the non-involvement of a friend, scared me.

the time has finally come.

My computer is a dual core, I do not even remember its power, 3 GB ram and an AMD graphics card that until 2012 played games and I got the pc in 2007.

I will see how it goes and if not I change again, I have 7s to put if needed.

I also got into a bit of programming and that's why I wanted to try Linux.

I did not tell him about the 16 because it is new and I do not know if it is ok or they still have some issues to be resolved. but at some point those of us who are 14 will probably put them

now that's done is done.

because the hard one was full of rubbish (last format, about 4 years ago), I saved what I wanted and gave it all a go.

i put the latest ubuntu, i always wanted to try linux, but something the partial ignorance about software and the non-involvement of a friend, scared me.

the time has finally come.

My computer is a dual core, I do not even remember its power, 3 GB ram and an AMD graphics card that until 2012 played games and I got the pc in 2007.

I will see how it goes and if not I change again, I have 7s to put if needed.

I also got into a bit of programming and that's why I wanted to try Linux.

Do not be afraid of anything, they play just fine, give electricity and move on and we are with you : twis:: twis:

I did not tell him about the 16 because it is new and I do not know if it is ok or they still have some issues to be resolved. but at some point those of us who are 14 will probably put them

Right, but our friend who has no experience and no crazy requirements, it is better to start with the latter to be in final support when and if he needs something. So far I, who have had it for a few months, have not noticed anything crazy so far unless you are in a virtual environment where there are some issues but it has nothing to do with the release but with the virtual box.

guys can someone help me how can i put the football manager? always cracked : emb:

guys can someone help me how can i put the football manager? always cracked : emb:

do not cracked games play with wine, playonlinux etc ...?

I do not have a problem to put an authentic one, but to buy the manager of 16 and the 17 comes out in 2 months, you say it m @ l @ ki @ ....

do not cracked games play with wine, playonlinux etc ...?

I do not have a problem to put an authentic one, but to buy the manager of 16 and the 17 comes out in 2 months, you say it m @ l @ ki @ ....

I can not help you because with games etc I have dark midnight. I only know from a ball : twis:: twis:: twis:

Reactions: kosdpthess

Predictions

• 14:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 1 HD
    • Bristol City - Leicester
  • 17:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 2 HD
    • Wrexham - Mansfield
    COSMOTE SPORT 3 HD
    • Norwich - Plymouth
  • 19:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 1 HD
    • Blackburn - Ipswich
  • 20:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 8 HD
    • Benfica - Saves
  • 21:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • Al Etifaq - Al Ahly
  • 21:30
    Novasports Start
    • Burgos - Espanyol
  • 22:00
    Novasports 1HD
    • Cadiz - Granada
    Novasports 2HD
    • Lille - Lance
    COSMOTE SPORT 3 HD
    • Watford - Leeds
  • 22:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 8 HD
    • Estrella - Sporting Lisbon
  • 19:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • Bursaspor - Tofas
  • 19:45
    Novasports 5HD
    • Fenerbahce - Alba Berlin
  • 19:45
    Novasports 6HD
    • Besiktas - Burg
  • 20:55
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • NBA Action 2023-24 E3323
    Novasports 3HD
    • London Lions - Paris
    Novasports 4HD
    • Real Madrid - Red Star
    Novasports Prime
    • Virtus Bologna - Panathinaikos AKTOR
  • Tomorrow 30-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • Indiana Pacers - Los Angeles Lakers
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 01:05
    • NC State - Marquette
  • 01:35
    Novasports 5HD
    • Gonzaga - Purdue
  • 02:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • San Antonio Spurs - New York Knicks
  • 04:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 07:15
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • WRC 2024
  • 08:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • WRC 2024
  • 09:25
    COSMOTE SPORT 5 HD
    • WRC 2024
  • 16:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 9 HD
    • Premier Padel Tour 2024
    ERT3
    • Panathinaikos - Milos
  • 18:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 9 HD
    • Premier Padel Tour 2024
  • 20:15
    ERT3
    • Olympiacos - PAOK
  • 21:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • Tomorrow 30-03-2024
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
General Chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Did you see replay?
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Yes
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fenerbahce wanted to postpone the April 7 derby with Galatasaray for the Turkish Super Cup at the mercy of...Olympiakos, but its specific request was not accepted by the country's football federation.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) informed both clubs that
    this has to do with there being no alternative date due to the teams' busy schedule.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I was going to write it in the morning but it didn't come from the mobile phone. The non-religious, as was normal, said that they would not accept the postponement of the match. Our team applied for a postponement and from what I read, they said that the match should be held at the end of the championship, but the Federation, which has poured itself on it and still has to make the decision on the "penalties", did not accept it.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Fenerbahce is the team that collected the most points in Europe but they don't see it that way that's okay but god is great
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Does ANT1 show F1 on Sunday morning??
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I think only the plus will have it
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    oh shit...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    had an offer through PPC for 9 months free 1 month ago
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    yes I know....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    and filming is shown by Ant1, the free channel at 17:00
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    England - Brazil 0-0 at 36......Over 0,5 in the first half
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Performance
    the @31.0
  • M Forum Bot:
    User MrChow started a new topic called "Maurice Moss Tips" in the Football Predictions.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    PPC's offer for Antenna plus continues, I think, until April 14
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    A few days before the Fenerbahce meeting, the meeting that Hugh Dallas had with the referees and the talks about the Galatasara-Antalyaspor match came to the fore, where the VAR referee admits that he made a mistake in the penalty that the Galatasaray player took, where in fact he said that the player "dive" in the small contact he had that was not for a penalty. Our President also spoke about this phase where he said what was happening and the Federation found him a liar, nice things
  • S Forum Bot:
    User std157489 started a new topic called "Student Research on Retailing" in the Cafe.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Only Javelas could get a red card without playing...the kid is really stupid...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    he had gambled on it :p
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    I'm really wondering... because in every match he's nervous because he doesn't cut the line and start fishing....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fotis will nail it in a little while...
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    These things don't happen...
  • Ertzan Forum Bot:
    User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3/2024)" in the IFC Competition.
    Ertzan Forum Bot: User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3)"...