Goodbye Windows 10, welcome Linux

McLaren17

IFC # 9 Cup Winner 2017-18
Staff member
21 Mar 2003
After many years I decided to abandon Windows completely and run only Linux.

This is the cause here I'd like to take a moment and say "[Email protected] windows update ".
I can say after the Windows XP era the most honest version with Windows 7.

As far as Windows 10 and 8 are concerned, I have been troubled over the years to have problems with updates and to use the Recovery Partition that I have as a last resort.
I cared so much with Windows that I kept nothing from 350GB hardware.
I could disable Windows Update but I did not.

And now I'm pleased to use CentOS 7
snapshot2.jpg

Beyond the Centos I use, there are other distributions I suggest for anyone interested in Ubuntu, Linux Mint and those who have a slow / old Lubuntu machine.

SJim

16 Oct 2007
In my world
Answer: Goodbye Windows 10, welcome Linux

Well you do, but I am impressed by the many problems you say with 10aria ...

I have them from the first day of launch on two laptops as well as on the job as well as on the mobile. I can say that this is the first time I see the microbe doing a serious job for a single platform!
And not only this, in the latest update, after working with canonical (linux) it is possible to have a linux bash shell and even native within windows !!!

Generally speaking, the microbe has plagued them with hardware-specific hardware but it is no coincidence that more and more companies (hp, lenovo, alcatel and others) are preparing to display high end devices with this functional one. Perhaps because it gives the possibility of a single platform that in the future will especially "play" this game.

On the other hand, I have been a fan of Ubuntu - Lubuntu for years, I suggest that you go to LTS distributions as much as you can, because there has been something in the last few years that is not going well and is constantly in the market of new distributions that some have a lot of problems ... ..

those from me : twis:

McLaren17

Staff member
21 Mar 2003

The choice of this distro is for one reason only.
It's a free Red Hat handout and it's enough for me.

Previously I used OpenSuse very good and stable.

kosdpthess

IFC # 3 Cup & Super Cup winner 2011-12
27 IOL 2010
Alexandroupolis

Good morning guys. How do you choose which linux to put on?

Personally, I have used a laptop with linux but I never had a personal computer at home or on a laptop. I just think about it lately, because the home computer is old, so it has limited possibilities. The 7as I have are not that lighter than I have noticed. I was told that 10 is lighter, I put it and it was a compatibility issue with the graphics card, since I was able to solve it and I backed up 7.

Will they help me leave them for what I want? Should I "resurrect" my computer? In fact, I only use internet for office and football manager.

McLaren17

Staff member
21 Mar 2003

if you put linux in part forget games except if you use the wine.
if it is old I would suggest you Lubuntu will go plug

kosdpthess

27 IOL 2010
Alexandroupolis

and I have a quote on ubuntu, I have for somebody else that I have a lot of greek support with forums etc. Maybe I'm going through it today.

games do not mind me, I only play games and from what is running also in linux.

but it is not the same as the old computer. By some of the requirements of ubuntu I will be happy about performance.

SJim

16 Oct 2007
In my world

Good morning guys. How do you choose which linux to put on?

Personally, I have used a laptop with linux but I never had a personal computer at home or on a laptop. I just think about it lately, because the home computer is old, so it has limited possibilities. The 7as I have are not that lighter than I have noticed. I was told that 10 is lighter, I put it and it was a compatibility issue with the graphics card, since I was able to solve it and I backed up 7.

Will they help me leave them for what I want? Should I "resurrect" my computer? In fact, I only use internet for office and football manager.
16.04 LTS will go .... You have no reason to put 14.04 and then upgrade especially when you are new to this environment.

now, where else you hang up, go to the Greek or the official forum. 99% will find a solution to your problem.

However, if 7ARIA was the motorbike, then you might have to look at Lubuntu side (same version). Unless ..... the motorbike was getting angry because of its loads Arta and Ioannina : twis:: twis:: twis:

Finally, by far the best value-for-money upgrade is an SSD drive. even if you suffer from memory and are old and expensive, the SSD will help you with it too !!! And if you look at it, the explanation is simple: you upload the page file that is the memory on the disk basically because because it is SSD it's a sphere !!! In my experience, we upgraded something old engines with 2GB memory, we put SSD and Lubuntu and just fly!
note: when playing with SSD, there must always be a minimum of 30%. Otherwise it starts to have performance issues.

These are good luck that you choose to do : beers1:

kosdpthess

27 IOL 2010
Alexandroupolis

16.04 LTS will go .... You have no reason to put 14.04 and then upgrade especially when you are new to this environment.

now, where else you hang up, go to the Greek or the official forum. 99% will find a solution to your problem.

However, if 7ARIA was the motorbike, then you might have to look at Lubuntu side (same version). Unless ..... the motorbike was getting angry because of its loads Arta and Ioannina : twis:: twis:: twis:

Finally, by far the best value-for-money upgrade is an SSD drive. even if you suffer from memory and are old and expensive, the SSD will help you with it too !!! And if you look at it, the explanation is simple: you upload the page file that is the memory on the disk basically because because it is SSD it's a sphere !!! In my experience, we upgraded something old engines with 2GB memory, we put SSD and Lubuntu and just fly!
note: when playing with SSD, there must always be a minimum of 30%. Otherwise it starts to have performance issues.

These are good luck that you choose to do : beers1:

now that it was done.

because the hard one had filled it up very sadly (last form, no 4 years ago), I saved that I wanted and gave it all the way.

I put the last ubuntu, I always wanted to try linux, but some of the partial ignorance of the software and the non-engagement of a friend, I was afraid of.

the time has finally come.

My computer is a dual core I do not even remember its power, 3 GB and AMD graphics card that even 2012 was playing the games and the pc got it 2007.

I will see how it will go and if I do not, I have 7aria to put it if I need it.

Also, I was bored with a little planning, and that's why I wanted to try linox.

achilleas21

23 Feb 2013

I did not tell him about 16 because it's new and I do not know if it's ok or have any issues to solve yet. But at some point we probably have 14 we'll put it

SJim

16 Oct 2007
In my world

now that it was done.

because the hard one had filled it up very sadly (last form, no 4 years ago), I saved that I wanted and gave it all the way.

I put the last ubuntu, I always wanted to try linux, but some of the partial ignorance of the software and the non-engagement of a friend, I was afraid of.

the time has finally come.

My computer is a dual core I do not even remember its power, 3 GB and AMD graphics card that even 2012 was playing the games and the pc got it 2007.

I will see how it will go and if I do not, I have 7aria to put it if I need it.

Also, I was bored with a little planning, and that's why I wanted to try linox.
Do not fear anything, joyfully play, give power and go ahead and we are with you : twis:: twis:

I did not tell him about 16 because it's new and I do not know if it's ok or have any issues to solve yet. But at some point we probably have 14 we'll put it
True, but our friend who has no experience or crazy demands, it is more correct to start with the last to be in final support when and if something is needed. So far, I've been with it for a few months, I have not noticed anything crazy so far unless you're in a virtual environment that has some issues there but it's not about releasing anything but virtual boxing.

kosdpthess

27 IOL 2010
Alexandroupolis

can somebody help me how can I put the football manager? always drunk : emb:
do not play with vin, playonlinux etc ...?

I have no problem getting an authentic one, but buying the 16 manager and putting 17 in 2 months, as well as @ @ @ @ @.

SJim

16 Oct 2007
In my world

do not play with vin, playonlinux etc ...?

I have no problem getting an authentic one, but buying the 16 manager and putting 17 in 2 months, as well as @ @ @ @ @.
I can not help you because I have black games at midnight. Only by ball I know : twis:: twis:: twis:
Reactions: kosdpthess

Today's Birthday

About us

• The infobeto community is considered a meeting point for gamers and people in the gambling market for consultations, advice, updates, information exchange, problem solving with companies, etc. We are proud to have the largest gaming forum in Greece and one of the world's largest and we work daily to keep the level of our community high.

Quick navigation

User menu

Follow us on Facebook

General Chat
Aid Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
    zorian: This Belgium ...... glad to see you my child !!!!!!!!!!