Manchester United vs Liverpool

Forest

23 Sep 2008
MANCHESTER UNITED vs LIVERPOOL

Take a seat for English football fans, the time has come for this season's supreme derby between the Manchester Reds and the Liverpool Reds ..... The absolute clash of two ports for dominance that will largely determine this year as well champion.

Healthy fans who love the sport all over the world will enjoy 90 minutes of high level football and will adore the protagonists and heroes of the match.

Personally, I would not miss this match for anything for many reasons. Firstly because I do not have the opportunity to watch such high level matches in the country we live in, and secondly because I love English football, its culture, its healthy backround, the atmosphere of the podium, the rivalry of the players, the stars of the teams involved , the battle of the benches, and the mixed emotions that I can feel from moment to moment, from phase to phase, from tackling to tackling .... I can even smell the grass in my nostrils.
So let's see what we can expect from this ambiguous confrontation.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Impressive midweek Sir Alex's red army ousted the aspiring European champions Inter and sent back to Milan early this year the most likable Murinio without a European title.
The world champions with substantial and at times impressive football qualified against the Italian team with a 2-0 victory.
Ferguson's defense remains weak due to the absence of important players such as Neville, Brown and Da Silva, but Ferdinard will play in the starting lineup after coming out unscathed from the match against Inter. The very capable Johny Evans will be ready for a possible change.
Rooney is likely to play alongside Berbatov in attack while Tevez, who scored at Anfield in October, may be partially involved.

Possible Eleven: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Berbatov, Rooney

LIVERPOOL

Liverpool's inconsistency in the English league in relation to their amazing performance in Europe is reminiscent of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde".
On Tuesday night he dragged the Queen of Europe Real in a humiliating 4-0 defeat ........ it remains to be seen if Liverpool will wear their European uniform tomorrow or will go to the match with the behavior of the loser who has distinguished her in recent years at the English Premiership.
Riera will return to the starting line-up after his absence from the midweek match in Madrid due to exclusion. Babel will probably not play despite his very good presence in the match against Real.
Danish defender Agger is still struggling with his injury but Benayoun, who has not played since scoring at the Bernabeu last month, has a chance to play as he appears to have fully recovered.

Possible lineup: Reina, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Kuyt, Alonso, Mascherano, Riera, Gerrard, Torres.

FORM

Manchester United

Mar 11 Man United 2-0 Inter (Champions League)
Mar 07 Fulham 0-4 Man United (FA Cup)
Mar 04 Newcastle 1-2 Man United (Premier League)
Mar 01 Man United * 0-0 Tottenham (Carling Cup)
Feb 24 Inter 0-0 Man United (Champions League)

Liverpool

Mar 10 Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid (Champions League)
Mar 03 Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland (Premier League)
Feb 28 Middlesbrough 2-0 Liverpool (Premier League)
Feb 25 Real Madrid 0-1 Liverpool (Champions League)
Feb 22 Liverpool 1-1 Manchester City (Premier League)

HISTORY RECORD

23/03/08 Manchester United vs Liverpool 3-0
22/10/06 Manchester United vs Liverpool 2-0
22/01/06 Manchester United vs Liverpool 1-0
20/09/04 Manchester United vs Liverpool 2-1
24/04/04 Manchester United vs Liverpool 0-1

Prehistory shows United, but this year the data is different as Liverpool has never been so close in recent years to claim the title.

MATCH ANALYSIS

Personally, I do not care about the final result, I will see the match as neutral, but I estimate that by putting down the facts we can end up with what to expect.

Two teams that come from good results will compete for the title. United with a victory locks the championship, Liverpool with a victory enters strongly in the claim, and the draw leaves mixed feelings and the title is still pending.

United flies from victory to victory, undoubtedly plays the best football on the island and all its stars are in a demonic form. One does not pull, finds solutions from someone else, to achieve them all in their bad day is like asking for fleas in the hay. She plays full football, as if her players have come from another planet, she finds each other with her eyes closed, the ball down, passes at once, player positions with or without the ball, and players where everyone knows the role of inside the field. The key element of this team is that anyone can score, and that's where I give United the lead in this game.

On the other hand, Liverpool is the team that away from home, I emphasize this, AWAY gives you more than you expect. And especially in the big matches, there he shows you that he has the metal of a great team, inside the home she is capable of losing to .... Stoke City, but outside she can "bury" whoever she puts in the "eye". The reason is that tactics are her big weapon, she waits, she lets the opponent play, and at the right moment she will strike. He has the players to do that, they are all soldiers when they defend and when he attacks he plays with two generals, Gerrald and Torres. Two players who can change the data and the flow of a match at any time.

In summary, we will say that Liverpool's game is not impressive, but its tactics when the "odds" have an outsider justify those who trust it.
The way this match is played, in my opinion, is entirely convenient for Liverpool. Possession of the ball to the home team, high pressure and counter-attacks from the side with convergence at the top of the attack on the striker (Torres) or the hidden striker (Gerrald). Recipe tested and highly effective. All this on the condition that Manchester United will enter to win the game, if it enters and goes to a match of patience then the one with the fewest mistakes will win the match, which in my opinion is one of the two.

FORECAST

Even the best teams lose, even the amazing series break, even the seats fall. I think that the two teams do not have such a big difference in capacity, and maybe the phenomena that show the dominance of the hosts deceive us. If Liverpool believe that this is their year, they have the opportunity to prove it to us through this match. I consider her more "hungry" than United and more capable of getting what she thinks she deserves from this match.
I estimate that we will see big battles in the center area and quite hard markings on the stars of both teams from both sides. Whoever keeps the ball low and does not go to yokes and anachronistic classic English crosses will be the final winner. I repeat that I consider it an advantage that Liverpool plays away, their tactics are comfortable and they are relieved of the pressure for a must win.

SELECTION

X2 @ 1,90 sportingbet .Why do I think Liverpool has the funds to get something good from this match

2 DNB 3.25 bet365, the now or never for Liverpool and with the coverage to get our money back in case of a draw.

Your analysis is very nice, Michalis, once again. : sign:
I hope you come out true in your appreciation too! : eye:

I would like to add some thoughts for this match:

In a home like Old Trafford, even a draw is considered a positive result. But this does not apply to Liverpool in tomorrow's match. This is not leontarism, but a simple assessment of the current situation.
Man Utd's match is against Portsmouth at Old Trafford. Therefore we must assume that the difference is already at 10 points at the moment. Do not look at last year's 0-1 in the FA Cup, in the league I do not remember having a point there in recent years.

This match is a big crash-test for Rafa Benitez, who as you probably know, has not yet announced his intention whether or not he wants to stay on the Liverpool bench. He has rejected 4 times proposals for the renewal of his contract and as things have turned out this year, it is not so certain that the management sees with the same eye the possibility of renewing the cooperation that expires in 2010.

We all remember the verbal attack he launched a few weeks ago against both Ferguson and his opponent tomorrow. Only since then, the descent began with the layered gels of his team. Something that definitely made Sir Alex smile. The "bubble gum" is not a coach who does not respond to such "mind games" (as they call them on the Island). And of course statements like "I do not think Liverpool will withstand the pressure of the top" can only be taken as an answer. I think he was just waiting for tomorrow's derby, where if Manchester Utd finally prevails, he will come out "on horseback".

The good thing is that although Man Utd is comfortable with a draw, Ferguson is unlikely to give instructions for a conservative game. He wants to "end" any hopes of Liverpool emphatically. And that suits the opponent.
Liverpool can not play aggressively at Old Trafford. But he can play like in Madrid. Waiting for the opponent, looking for the goal in whatever opportunities arise in the counterattacks.
Aaa, now that I remember, Benitez has 99 wins in the Premier League since he came ... So an ideal opportunity to make them happy! : spite:

Torres may not be 100% ready, but he is unlikely to play. It will be like Benitez throwing a white towel.
On the other hand, Rooney made sure to remind us of his origins (see Everton) and to tell us that he "hates Liverpool". As if we did not know ... :hammer:

Logic says that inside Old Trafford Manchester Utd is the favorite, as the odds of the betting agencies indicate.
But if there is one team that has proven that it does not care what logic says, it is Liverpool. : Cool:

Reactions: Forest
Your analysis is very nice, Michalis, once again. : sign:
I hope you come out true in your appreciation too! : eye:

I would like to add some thoughts for this match:

In a home like Old Trafford, even a draw is considered a positive result. But this does not apply to Liverpool in tomorrow's match. This is not leontarism, but a simple assessment of the current situation.
Man Utd's match is against Portsmouth at Old Trafford. Therefore we must assume that the difference is already at 10 points at the moment. Do not look at last year's 0-1 in the FA Cup, in the league I do not remember having a point there in recent years.

This match is a big crash-test for Rafa Benitez, who as you probably know, has not yet announced his intention whether or not he wants to stay on the Liverpool bench. He has rejected 4 times proposals for the renewal of his contract and as things have turned out this year, it is not so certain that the management sees with the same eye the possibility of renewing the cooperation that expires in 2010.

We all remember the verbal attack he launched a few weeks ago against both Ferguson and his opponent tomorrow. Only since then, the descent began with the layered gels of his team. Something that definitely made Sir Alex smile. The "bubble gum" is not a coach who does not respond to such "mind games" (as they call them on the Island). And of course statements like "I do not think Liverpool will withstand the pressure of the top" can only be taken as an answer. I think he was just waiting for tomorrow's derby, where if Manchester Utd finally prevails, he will come out "on horseback".

The good thing is that although Man Utd is comfortable with a draw, Ferguson is unlikely to give instructions for a conservative game. He wants to "end" any hopes of Liverpool emphatically. And that suits the opponent.
Liverpool can not play aggressively at Old Trafford. But he can play like in Madrid. Waiting for the opponent, looking for the goal in whatever opportunities arise in the counterattacks.
Aaa, now that I remember, Benitez has 99 wins in the Premier League since he came ... So an ideal opportunity to make them happy! : spite:

Torres may not be 100% ready, but he is unlikely to play. It will be like Benitez throwing a white towel.
On the other hand, Rooney made sure to remind us of his origins (see Everton) and to tell us that he "hates Liverpool". As if we did not know ... :hammer:

Logic says that inside Old Trafford Manchester Utd is the favorite, as the odds of the betting agencies indicate.
But if there is one team that has proven that it does not care what logic says, it is Liverpool. : Cool:

Thank you very much for your participation in my preview: Up:: bravo:

I firmly believe that Liverpool has the background to beat the amazing United this year and will show it on the field: sign:

Reactions: Daglashen
Sir Alex and dry bread for me ... the man gets results whenever he wants ... I will oppose you Michalis, but not in the central: emb: otherwise my steak is small ... I hope we see a nice bunch and the best one wins !!!: eye:

Sir Alex and dry bread for me ... the man gets results whenever he wants ... I will oppose you Michalis, but not in the central: emb: otherwise my steak is small ... I hope we see a nice bunch and the best one wins !!!: eye:

John, play what you see, throw in the center, derby is: sign:

apo oti katalava o berbatov einai ektos (allagi) kai o tevez stin thesi tou

kai apo oti fenetai tha peksei o lucas !!!!: surprise:: surprise:: surprise:: surprise:: surprise: gia tin liverpool

den eimai sigouros alla nomizo tha einai kati etsi:

man utd

VDS
O'Shea-Rio-Vidic-Evra
Ronaldo-Anderson-Carrick-Park
Rooney-Tevez

ektos XAvi alonso kai babel

Lucas Vasikos:hammer:: priest:

i entekada tis united einai sosti tevez anti berba

SELECTION

X2 @ 1,90 sportingbet .Why do I think Liverpool has the funds to get something good from this match

2 DNB 3.25 bet365, the now or never for Liverpool and with the coverage to get our money back in case of a draw.

1-4 FT : beers1:: beers1:

TETOIA FORECASTS AND WITH SUCH ANALYSIS ARE REALLY WORTH A GREAT WELL DONE : sign:: sign:: sign:

Reactions: Forest

Predictions

• There are no football sports broadcasts today
  • 20:00
    Novasports Start
    • Zalgiris Kaunas - Armani Milano
  • 21:30
    Novasports 4HD
    • Bayern Munich - Barcelona
    Novasports 5HD
    • Baskonia - Anatolou Efes
    Novasports Prime
    • Partizan - Olympiacos
  • 22:00
    Novasports 2HD
    • Villeurbanne - Monaco
  • Tomorrow 29-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 01:05
    Novasports 4HD
    • Arizona - Clemson
  • 01:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • Atlanta Hawks - Boston Celtics
  • 01:35
    Novasports 5HD
    • San Diego St. - UCONN
  • 02:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • New Orleans Pelicans - Milwaukee Bucks
  • 04:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 19:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • Tomorrow 29-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
General Chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Did you see replay?
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Yes
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fenerbahce wanted to postpone the April 7 derby with Galatasaray for the Turkish Super Cup at the mercy of...Olympiakos, but its specific request was not accepted by the country's football federation.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) informed both clubs that
    this has to do with there being no alternative date due to the teams' busy schedule.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I was going to write it in the morning but it didn't come from the mobile phone. The non-religious, as was normal, said that they would not accept the postponement of the match. Our team applied for a postponement and from what I read, they said that the match should be held at the end of the championship, but the Federation, which has poured itself on it and still has to make the decision on the "penalties", did not accept it.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Fenerbahce is the team that collected the most points in Europe but they don't see it that way that's okay but god is great
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Does ANT1 show F1 on Sunday morning??
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I think only the plus will have it
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    oh shit...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    had an offer through PPC for 9 months free 1 month ago
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    yes I know....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    and filming is shown by Ant1, the free channel at 17:00
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    England - Brazil 0-0 at 36......Over 0,5 in the first half
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Performance
    the @31.0
  • M Forum Bot:
    User MrChow started a new topic called "Maurice Moss Tips" in the Football Predictions.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    PPC's offer for Antenna plus continues, I think, until April 14
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    A few days before the Fenerbahce meeting, the meeting that Hugh Dallas had with the referees and the talks about the Galatasara-Antalyaspor match came to the fore, where the VAR referee admits that he made a mistake in the penalty that the Galatasaray player took, where in fact he said that the player "dive" in the small contact he had that was not for a penalty. Our President also spoke about this phase where he said what was happening and the Federation found him a liar, nice things
  • S Forum Bot:
    User std157489 started a new topic called "Student Research on Retailing" in the Cafe.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Only Javelas could get a red card without playing...the kid is really stupid...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    he had gambled on it :p
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    I'm really wondering... because in every match he's nervous because he doesn't cut the line and start fishing....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fotis will nail it in a little while...
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    These things don't happen...
  • Ertzan Forum Bot:
    User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3/2024)" in the IFC Competition.
    Ertzan Forum Bot: User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3)"...