NBA Playoffs 2012 - Mastic's Picks

Mastic

19 Feb 2009
Hi to all!

I usually start with American sports but I have not yet done so with Basketball although it is probably my favorite sport. Usually I do not have much time to write a lot and be consistent in the thread so I avoided it. There are many others who do, though.

Now I said to change and start on the occasion of the NBA playoffs.

To see what we have.

Chicago Bulls - Philadelphia 76ers
Pick: Chicago Bulls -8.5 @ 1.90

Today we start with my favorite Bulls. A team that I grew up with and that has offered me incredible emotions.
They finished the regular season with the best record (50-16). They did this while MVP and team's best player Derrick Rose was injured for much of the year. We are talking about a team with a lot of depth on the bench, with names that each of us does not know and that, however, seemed very worthy of the occasion and came in and took games against other teams that were full.
Then we have the Philadelphia 76ers who finished with a record of 35-31 and as number 8. They travel to the United Center to face the Bulls. They started very well but in the process they deflated.

This year, the Bulls won each other 2-1. They lost the first game on the walk but in the next 2 games they found themselves again and won. Last year the series between them ended 4-1 Bulls. On March 17, the Bulls won by 9 points with Rose and Hamilton out.

Some Philadelphia players made statements saying they preferred the Bulls to Miami. Seriously?
Today I believe the Bulls will show who the boss is.

Answer: NBA Playoffs 2012 - Mastic's Picks

So far the Bulls are doing well and seem determined not to step on it in defense like the league game they had stepped on.

Rebounds will also be key.
Rose begins to warm up slowly. This "hesitation dribble" he makes is awesome.

Let's go for a strong second half!

Let's go for an analysis of the Miami Heat - New York Knicks couple.

No. 2 Miami Heat (46-20) vs No. 7 New York Knickerbockers (36-30)

This year the series between them was 3-0.

We start with the fact that Tyson Chandler has the flu. Problem. Especially if he loses the first game. From what I read he will play if he feels good enough. Otherwise I see Amare 5pm, Carmelo 4pm and Fields 3pm.

Let me clarify from now on that this is a series that I see upset very likely.

I think the Knicks have more depth than the Heat. In the center position, the Heat have a problem because Bosh has an injury that bothers him. Wade also has a problem with his hand. There is a chance that Wade will end for this series at any time. And if not, then it will be 100%; In the center with Chandler, the Knicks have the upper hand. If they can dominate with the "tall" then they will make it difficult for the Heat in the transition. If Carmelo is also hot in some games, then we will have a very interesting series!
All the pressure is on Miami. This is the moment they have been waiting for. But the Knicks are in good shape. They come in as outsiders and will logically feel more relaxed. In case Wade and Bosh do not play well due to their injuries then LeBron should put his hand in the fire and take into account his performance in difficult times then Miami will have a problem.

Anyway, I believe the series will pull in 7 games with Miami qualifying, but I think it is worth betting a little (fun bet) on the Knicks to take the series with an odds of 7.5!

Based on the above for the second game today I believe

Miami Heat - New York Knicks
Pick: New York Knicks +9 @ 1.90

The Knicks will enter the game without stress and I believe that with +9 potions we have a good chance of getting it.

Before proceeding to other analyzes, let me make a risky prediction for the pair of finals.

: npaper: If everything goes as I believe then I see finals in between Chicago and Oklahoma City.

Before proceeding to other analyzes, let me make a risky prediction for the pair of finals.

: npaper: If everything goes as I believe then I see finals in between Chicago and Oklahoma City.

And I think they are one of the most likely couples. A question mark for me is the Spurs, whether everyone will withstand so many consecutive crucial games. Popovic did an amazing rotation all year, but now he has to play more heavy artillery and I do not know how long he will last

No. 3 Indiana Pacers (46-24) vs No. 6 Orlando Magic (37-29)

The series ended 3-1 this year in favor of Orlando.
I do not think Orlando will take the series. Dwight Howard will not play with back problems. The Magics are a team built with Howard in mind. Now?
Glen Davis has a sprain but Turkoglu is back.
The Pacers play solid basketball and with Granger playing perhaps the best basketball of his career then this series could end quickly.

I see the Pacers in 4 or 5 games.

No. 2 Oklahoma City Thunder (47-19) vs No. 7 Dallas Mavericks (36-30)

The series between them this year ended 3-1 in favor of OKC.

The loss of Tyson Chandler has affected the Mavericks. Here they risked almost not entering the playoffs.

It is not the team that Dallas was last year. They have older players and against the youth and speed of the Thunder they will have serious problems. OKC goes strong in the basket as well. Only if the Mavs manage to focus and win the battle of the rebounds and give a slow pace to the game will they have any hope.

Here I see the OKC go through 5 games.

Last edited:

We took the victory with Chicago but this injury of Rose was the worst.
He's gone now. Next time. I hope it is not something too serious.

Dallas Mavericks - Oklahoma City Thunder
Pick: Oklahoma City Thunder -7.5 @ 1.90

The Knicks were abducted. I waited for them to pick it up a little but nothing. Meanwhile these foul early and in favor of Miami was more than provocative. After the basket was a "barrel" for the Heat. Of course let NY be careful. They sold the ball too many times.

I also add the following option:

Pick: under 192 @ 1.90

Last edited:

Hi to all!

I usually start with American sports but I have not yet done so with Basketball although it is probably my favorite sport. Usually I do not have much time to write a lot and be consistent in the thread so I avoided it. There are many others who do, though.

Now I said to change and start on the occasion of the NBA playoffs.

To see what we have.

Chicago Bulls - Philadelphia 76ers
Pick: Chicago Bulls -8.5 @ 1.90 - Won (103-91)

We started with the right but it is a pity that Rose was injured. Big blow to Chicago. Now we will see if the others can pull the boat again.

Pick: Oklahoma City Thunder -7.5 @ 1.90 - Loss (98-99)

The Knicks were abducted. I waited for them to pick it up a little but nothing. Meanwhile these foul early and in favor of Miami was more than provocative. After the basket was a "barrel" for the Heat. Of course let NY be careful. They sold the ball too many times.

I also add the following option:

Pick: under 192 @ 1.90 - Loss (98-99)

It did not cover OKC but I made a mistake.
I made under 192 my second choice by mistake. I actually played it over!
When I saw it I was amused. Then I went back to the book page to look again at what I had played. Fortunately, I had played over.

I apologize if anyone happened to follow me in this selection. I consider it a defeat for the thread normally.

Last edited:
Reactions: patrickdrd

Game 1

Atlanta Hawks - Boston Celtics
Pick: Under 179.5 @ 1.90

These two groups have great animosity.
The Celtics paid no attention to their last game last week and lost 92-97. As if telling them that they do not need the home advantage to exclude them in the playoffs!
The Celtics are not going to beat any team with their speed or fast attacks. I believe that the defenses will have the first say. After all, Boston is a team based on defense in the classic playoffs.
In the last games between them, apart from the above that I mentioned, the Celtics won with a score of 88-86 in overtime and 79-76. These with their basic means and not like the last one they did not deal with. I do not think they will start scoring crazy tonight. At least I hope so!

Game 1

Memphis Grizzlies - Los Angeles Clippers
Pick: Memphis -5.5 @ 1.90

This pair is considered by many to be the most difficult.
I think it will cost the Clippers the fact that they are not very accurate in shooting, something that will cost them in the 4th period. Also apart from Chris Paul and Blake Griffin I don't think they have the depth on the bench to get along with the Grizzlies in a series of games.
Memphis have a good coach and a good bench. I think Memphis has a team that gives them everything in all areas.

I will risk them and trust them.

the most sensible bet of the day. I agree too.
I was thinking of going with Boston too, if I was playing something, because I think it makes a lot of sense for Atlanta to lose one of the first two games.

the most sensible bet of the day. I agree too.
I was thinking of going with Boston too, if I was playing something, because I think it makes a lot of sense for Atlanta to lose one of the first two games.

Which of the two do you consider the most logical?

Which of the two do you consider the most logical?

I meant the under, because by the time I posted it had raised the second point.

I can't psychologize Memphis yet. I generally have the feeling that it will be a full series and I believe in the Clippers, mainly to oppose Memphis and its form.
If it wasn't for Del Negro then I would be warmer for Los Angeles. Now I will just try to get value from some bets that may arise along the way.

And of course I would go with +5.5 in the first games, to follow the scenario of 4-2 in favor of the Clippers, which I have in mind (I know that the series can come 4-1 easily)

Game 1

Memphis Grizzlies - Los Angeles Clippers
Pick: Memphis -5.5 @ 1.90

This pair is considered by many to be the most difficult.
I think it will cost the Clippers the fact that they are not very accurate in shooting, something that will cost them in the 4th period. Also apart from Chris Paul and Blake Griffin I don't think they have the depth on the bench to get along with the Grizzlies in a series of games.
Memphis have a good coach and a good bench. I think Memphis has a team that gives them everything in all areas.

I will risk them and trust them.

Do not see only the final score. See what happened in the last 7 minutes and then you will get rid of it. Too bad for the bet

Do not see only the final score. See what happened in the last 7 minutes and then you will get rid of it. Too bad for the bet

Only in the NBA ...!

Today I could not find time for anything. I just went in for a look.
I fell asleep on the couch and lost them. : emb:

Predictions

• There are no football sports broadcasts today
  • 20:00
    Novasports Start
    • Zalgiris Kaunas - Armani Milano
  • 21:30
    Novasports 4HD
    • Bayern Munich - Barcelona
    Novasports 5HD
    • Baskonia - Anatolou Efes
    Novasports Prime
    • Partizan - Olympiacos
  • 22:00
    Novasports 2HD
    • Villeurbanne - Monaco
  • Tomorrow 29-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 01:05
    Novasports 4HD
    • Arizona - Clemson
  • 01:30
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • Atlanta Hawks - Boston Celtics
  • 01:35
    Novasports 5HD
    • San Diego St. - UCONN
  • 02:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 4 HD
    • New Orleans Pelicans - Milwaukee Bucks
  • 04:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 7 HD
    • NBA TV 2023-24
  • 19:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • 21:00
    Novasports 6HD
    • Rybakina - Azarenka
  • Tomorrow 29-03-2024
  • 01:00
    COSMOTE SPORT 6 HD
    • ATP Masters 1000 2024
  • 02:30
    Novasports 6HD
    • Alexandrova - Collins
General Chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting right now.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Did you see replay?
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Yes
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fenerbahce wanted to postpone the April 7 derby with Galatasaray for the Turkish Super Cup at the mercy of...Olympiakos, but its specific request was not accepted by the country's football federation.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) informed both clubs that
    this has to do with there being no alternative date due to the teams' busy schedule.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I was going to write it in the morning but it didn't come from the mobile phone. The non-religious, as was normal, said that they would not accept the postponement of the match. Our team applied for a postponement and from what I read, they said that the match should be held at the end of the championship, but the Federation, which has poured itself on it and still has to make the decision on the "penalties", did not accept it.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    Fenerbahce is the team that collected the most points in Europe but they don't see it that way that's okay but god is great
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Does ANT1 show F1 on Sunday morning??
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    I think only the plus will have it
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    oh shit...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    had an offer through PPC for 9 months free 1 month ago
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    yes I know....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    and filming is shown by Ant1, the free channel at 17:00
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    England - Brazil 0-0 at 36......Over 0,5 in the first half
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Performance
    the @31.0
  • M Forum Bot:
    User MrChow started a new topic called "Maurice Moss Tips" in the Football Predictions.
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    PPC's offer for Antenna plus continues, I think, until April 14
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    A few days before the Fenerbahce meeting, the meeting that Hugh Dallas had with the referees and the talks about the Galatasara-Antalyaspor match came to the fore, where the VAR referee admits that he made a mistake in the penalty that the Galatasaray player took, where in fact he said that the player "dive" in the small contact he had that was not for a penalty. Our President also spoke about this phase where he said what was happening and the Federation found him a liar, nice things
  • S Forum Bot:
    User std157489 started a new topic called "Student Research on Retailing" in the Cafe.
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Only Javelas could get a red card without playing...the kid is really stupid...
  • Ertzan Ertzan:
    he had gambled on it :p
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    I'm really wondering... because in every match he's nervous because he doesn't cut the line and start fishing....
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    Fotis will nail it in a little while...
  • PANATHA PANATHA:
    These things don't happen...
  • Ertzan Forum Bot:
    User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3/2024)" in the IFC Competition.
    Ertzan Forum Bot: User Ertzan started a new topic called "IFC Cup#15 Semi-Final (30-31/3)"...